1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can anyone recommend this?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by bobbio, Jun 20, 2010.

1. bobbio

bobbio Member

I came across this while looking for a gba flash card and it looks pretty awesome. In the UK its quite hard to find stuff like this so to see worldwide shipping i was pretty excited.
    If anyone has had any experience with this product or dealextreme in general that would be great.
    Thanks

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23834

2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i bought something like that before, and all it was, was a non-professionally moded GBA SP that didn't work properly. :(

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy that if I were you. For one thing, the power supply wouldn't work in a UK socket. And it just looks very dodgy. If you have a DS Phat/Lite and you want to play GBA games, I'd recommend an EZFlash 3 in 1.

4. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

All fakes are crap.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The EZFlash 3 in 1 is not a good choice for a GBA flashcart. You can only effectively use it if you have a DS/DS Lite. If this user has a GBA, the EZFlash 3 in 1 will be useless to him/her

6. Fredbox

Thanks for not reading my post...
    You even removed the part from the quote that made it make sense. Why?
    Well, that's a bit better.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I don't know what you are talking about :) *whistles innocently*

Anyway, the user was looking for a GBA Flashcart, not a NDS Expansion card. So a little more detail about the differences between the GBA Flashcart and an NDS Slot 2 expansion card is important.

8. Fredbox

Ok, the one I suggested is only good if you have a DS Phat/Lite and a DS flashcart. If you only have a GBA, I can't personally recommend anything. Good enough, TirithPOOHEAD!? :p

9. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Lol. Look at the off-center screen.

And they're labeling it as "Designer".

10. bobbio

bobbio Member

Ok, I have a DS Lite but cant find an ez flash 3 in 1 anywhere

11. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

12. Fredbox

http://shoptemp.com/products/EZ-3-in-1-Extension-Kit-for-Nintendo-DS-Lite-p-40.html
    This place is reliable. But remember, you need a DS flashcart to use it.

13. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

shoptemp takes to long to ship. 5-6 weeks i was told. where as ishopvideogame.com ships in 7-14 days. free.....

14. Fredbox

Never really takes over 2 weeks. Apparently people in Canada have got things in under 10 days. But they are definetly reliable and cheap.

15. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

plus i once got a clone ak2i from shoptemp. shipped it back for a refund, and bought a good one from ishopvideogame.com......

16. Fredbox

Really? Ok. But I've only heard good things about shoptemp so far.

17. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

the ak2i i bought from there had the huge chip with a windowed back (fake) and the one i bought from ishopvideogame.com had a round chip under sticker and no windows (real)

18. Fredbox

Ok, maybe I'll stop recommending them to people, or at least stop for the AK2i.

19. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

because i've been sold about 7 different fakes from there, which were all genuine at ishop.

20. Fredbox

Ok...
    I wasn't asking why I shouldn't recommend them, I was saying I'll stop recommending them.