1. This forum is in read-only mode.

can anyone help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by piper0682, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piper0682

piper0682 Member

Hi was wondering if the ds roms on this site will work with R4 Revolution SDHC. any help would be greatfully recieved. i just ordered the R4 Revolution SDHC now i bought my girlfriend a ds for xmas and thought i would be able to just download the games off here lol.
    Kind Regards
    Piper0682

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Yes,youll find it easy.Download the games you want,unzip them with Winrar etc and stick then in a folder until your cart arrives.
    When your cart arrives,go to the website on the box and download the latest firmware.Then copy the games onto your cart....

3. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Yeah, the games here work fine. The only thing you might not know is that the roms are compressed with winrar (to save space) so to play them you'll need winrar installed (don't worry, it's free) so you can extract the roms from the .rar .
    Dunno if you know that or not, just we get alot of people saying the roms don't work, usually because they don't know they're compressed.
    Also, do you know about the R4 firmware? If not then I'll explain.

4. piper0682

piper0682 Member

i paid the extra £1 to have the latest firm put on the cart by the company so hopfully it's just a simple process of putting the games on the memory card and away to go thanks for all ur help.
    kind regards
    piper0682

5. theunderling

The firmware is just a few files,only takes a minute to install-but you should check for updates,as they get released periodically.

Its the downloading of the Roms that take a while,thats how you can work ahead and get all the Roms downloaded AND extracted to a folder,so when your cart comes,you only need to copy that folder to your card-if the seller has put the latest firmware on it....

Have you also remembered to order a microsdhc card......as thats where the stuff gets installed on....

6. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Well, if the seller has put the firmware on, it must come with a MicroSD. Where else would they put it?

7. piper0682

piper0682 Member

yeah i had the cart the lastest firmware and a 8gb memory card for £22.99 off gadgetgear i've got winrar and a card reader built into my laptopso i should be all good to go once again thanks for all your help.
    Kind Regards
    Piper0682

8. theunderling

LOL,I had other things on my mind.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.