1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Can anybody help me remember the name of this movie?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by musiclegend14, Jul 15, 2009.

1. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

i don't remember exactly when i saw it, it had to have been either late 90's or early 2000's. Its about guy or family (cant really remember, I'm pretty sure its just a guy) who goes to this town where everybody is kind of strange and secretive and there are no old people there. He meets a girl there and what not and ends up finding out the towns secret. They have a fountain that they all drink from every morning (i think, everyday at least) that keeps them young and really healthy (fountain of youth), but just before they turn 100 they have to stop drinking from it and they become old. Then on the night of their 100 birthday, they get drowned in the fountain...

that's all i can remember from it, it might of been a TV movie or mini series....I'm not really sure, i was little when i saw it.

Thanks in advance for trying to help me :)

2. Lil SaintDemon

Lil SaintDemon Well-Known Member

Taking a stab... Tuck Everlasting? Good luck.

3. musiclegend14

good try but no...that just had a family in the wood...this was an entire town that had the fountain of you or whatever and could live forever but had a rule that you had to die on your 100th birthday

4. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Almost sounds like something by Stephen King

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212533/plotsummary ?

6. musiclegend14

holy crap that's it, i've been looking for this movie for months

thanks!

how'd you come across it?

7. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Loony knows everything.

8. Jobaman

Jobaman Guest

perhaps too much. We must contain him.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Hmm, I can't find The Spring anywhere to uh... "buy" (Ya, that's it.)

I wish I could "buy" this movie and watch it tonight.

10. musiclegend14

i just netflixed it so it soon shall be on my computer = ]

so if you want it i can some how send it too you, i'll drop you a PM when i have it...I'll probably need help figuring out how to get it to you though

11. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I thought it was Tuck Everlasting at first... but didn't seem quite right, this sounds interesting, kinda like a sequel to Tuck Everlasting

12. musiclegend14

I have the movie on my computer now if anyone wants it. I still have no idea how to go about sending it to someone..so I'll still need help with that.

13. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Upload it to a file-sharing site (MegaUpload, Rapidshare, Mediafire, ...use google for more :p ) then post the link :) Or torrent it.

14. sonyuser333

sonyuser333 Active Member

I was thinking of an episode from The late 90s and early 2000s but you mentioned movie so nay.

15. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Or, perhaps more appropriately, you could convert it do .dpg form before you upload it...

16. musiclegend14

you want it on your ds? haha

okay I'll get it up by this weekend, i have a lot of stuff going on this week. I'll post the link when it's uploaded

sorry for making you guys wait.

17. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

I don't, but given the nature of this site I figured it would be more suitable.