1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Calling All Pirates!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MitsukaiXxX, Dec 1, 2009.

1. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

After reading my post about mininova being flushed out by the law,i bet most of you thought "is this the end for torrents".

Well it loks as thought we only got isohunt and piratebay left to keep us going :(
    Heres the news

http://www.slyck.com/story1884_isoHunt_Last_Stand_in_Canada

Is this the end,or just stages of strengthening for torrents?

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

I only use a torrent once in a blue moon-prefer megaupload...

3. MitsukaiXxX

Hmmmm....but dont you have to pay like £50 for membership :(

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Isohunt isn't going to go down right away, eventually it will, but not right away.

Atleast there's still fast private trackers around that aren't popular with great speeds. Demonoid's technically still around for the people that like that tracker.

Only if you want to pay. I used to prefer direct download, but now the speeds I get with torrents are a lot faster than direct downloads. I get 1MB/s on the private tracker I use versus around 500kb/s anywhere else.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I don't pay, speed isn't an issue on my crappy net.

6. MitsukaiXxX

Well even though piratebay has had there tracker shut down,(check your torrents),there search engine is still working the same.And even though the makers/owners are in jail its still up and running.
    So i think the only way pirate bay is gonna shut down is if the law goes and personaly remove all the gear etc,(like they tryed to do years ago)

Well isohunt have a very good case by the looks of it....

(suprised seph hasnt had a say on these issues XD)

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I don't care about torrents. Haven't used it for about 3 years now.

8. MitsukaiXxX

Lol ....call the beast and he shall rise XD

What's your alt to torrents seph :)

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Mostly private stuff and rapidshare. I do love my rapidshare.

10. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

Well this sucks, I guess the next Wii game I want that comes out *cough*Super Mario Galaxy 2*cough* I'll have to go buy it as all the torrents will be shut down. Damn you pesky[corrupt] law enforcement! Damn you to heck!

11. MitsukaiXxX

Rapidshare seems pretty popular these days.....
    I do enjoy using it when i cant find certain files on torrent sites.....

But i find piratebay and isohunt more my taste for various reasons :)

12. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I consider myself veteran internet user and downloader, and I really can't remember the last time I've used torrents. I also download recently released Wii games without the need of Torrents;"If the game exists, it's on the internet".

I personally am a fan of Megaupload more then Rapidshare, as Megaupload is slightly more friendly to free users. I still love Rapidshare though, I've used a payed account before with Rapidshare, and there really isn't any better place to download direct links.

13. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I don't do torrents, I get what I want via Megaupload or Rapidshare.

14. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Same here.

15. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

Y'arr!

They can never stop online piracy, mate'y!

16. hightimes

hightimes Well-Known Member

hey maties, when i seen/read what had happened to mininova i was shocked. mininova was probably the best public torrent site. miles ahead of isohunt and piratebay. it's a sad time. so will a new contender step up or will isohunt, piratebay gain some strength. i know rapidshare and megaupload are a good choice too.

H.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

isohunt isnt the same as piratebay. isohunt indexes torrents on other trackers, much like google. Piratebay is a tracker itself.

18. MitsukaiXxX

No piratebay was better,becasue it owned it's own tracker.(which is now shut down )

19. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

That's a shame. I sometimes use torrents for anime and old PC games. Oh well, there are alternatives and there are still plenty of providers out there. I'm not really keen on things where you have to sign up and I recally I got annoyed with Megaupload the last time I used it.

20. MitsukaiXxX

Just use isohunt and piratebay.....I download old games all the time from those sites....

Actually 1 month ago i downloaded System Shock 2 :) from piratebay