1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Buying points and premium account with sms ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kesuki16, Feb 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kesuki16

kesuki16 Member

Any chance that romulation introduction a service that send sms to buy premium account or points ? This will make easy for whom member doesnt not have credit card or pay pal account................. I really want to upgrade into premium but doesnt have credit card or paypal account .........

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

How would you plan to pay for something via SMS?

3. kesuki16

kesuki16 Member

By taking credit balance from the phone number

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The method is possible, however it's not something we have planned. From what I've seen previously it is costly to setup. I'll research it a bit more, though.

5. kesuki16

kesuki16 Member

This site offer "Pay by SmS " services

http://www.daopay.com/

6. Seph

Yeah, and it's horribly expensive.

http://www.daopay.com/business/fees-and-payouts.php

If someone from the UK pays for premium via SMS then that's $15 turned into $4.30. Sorry but that's not acceptable in any way or form.

7. kesuki16

kesuki16 Member

Oh..........so you need to find another services ? I hope that the services would including international like daopay .....

8. sexywogboy

More like no services. This sort of payment option is a total rippoff. Sadly, your only option is paypal. I really don't know what's so hard about getting paypal, there's no monthly fees, and it literally takes seconds to get up and running.

Paypal is easier for the buyer and seller, especially when we're talking international payments.

9. kesuki16

kesuki16 Member

What about the member that under age and unable to carry a credit card ? How they supposed to buy premium account ?

10. sexywogboy

You don't need a credit card to set up paypal...

11. kesuki16

kesuki16 Member

Yes, but it also require credit card number when you want to buy things....

12. sexywogboy

Yes, it does allow you the option for a credit card number....but there are so many other options then just credit card. The whole reason for PayPal is to allow for other payment option then just credit card.

I think you should check out the official PayPal website for information, I think it's something you'll find useful.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no it doesn't. You attach it to your bank account or get someone who has an attached paypal account to send money to yours in return for cash.

14. Seph

That said, PayPal does not allow people under the age of 18 to hold accounts. (Though that didn't stop me when I was younger)

15. Loonylion

likewise. I subtracted several years from my dob.

16. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Really..? You are not the only one...
    No, you must get all the money, not just a part. You provide the function, you get everything thats paid.

17. Seph

Usually the payment processor takes a small part, but we're talking 2 or 3% here, not 75% as with the sms service.

18. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

It seems I'm wrong, isn't it?

19. melleopberg

melleopberg Well-Known Member

Great idea! ;D

20. Loonylion

doesn't matter how many people think its a good idea, its too expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.