1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Buying new flashcart soon

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by asdfth12, Sep 20, 2010.

1. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

My old ak2.1 is falling apart, literally. Its real close to needing tape to hold together. :)

So im planning to replace it next month.

Right now its a tie between the AK2i and the DSTwo. Im leaning towards the DSTwo because it is a lot more powerful the the 2i and supports gba emulation but their are a couple of things i was wondering about it.

The DSTwo supports gba emulation but can it support slot in functions? (For those games that have extra goodies if you have a gba version of the game, like were d/p/pt unlocks extra pokemon if a gen 3 pkmn game in in slot 2.)

2. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Nope. Just extra ram. PLus it drains battery.

I would recommend getting an EZ flash and an acekard.

3. asdfth12

Anyone else? Should i be considering the Cyclods as well?

4. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i recommend the SCDS2, PURE 100% compatibility, GBA/SNES emulation, and uses as much battery as the AK2i :p

5. asdfth12

Sounds like what i've been hearing.

Im thinking of buying both of them though. DSTwo for the superior abilitys and AK2i for the stability and homebrew compatibility.

I thought the DSTwo has a secondary processor installed so it could support gba emulation. Is this right or was it just pre-release propoganda?

6. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

its true, it has gba emulation because of this :)

7. asdfth12

Kk. DSTwo it is then.

But as i asked earlier, Can you load a nds rom as primary and then have a gba rom loaded but not in use so you can unlock extra stuff in some ds games? Basicly can you use the palpark in d/p/pt with this card?

8. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

http://forum.supercard.sc/archiver/tid-6469.html

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

that doesn't sound to bad >.>

10. asdfth12

Seems about right to me. I don't play for hours on end. When i do i have the charger plugged in. (I should get another charger... im using my cell charger as my ds charger right now)

I'll just assume the answer to my above question is no then.

Any word on how accurate the gba emulation is? One game that i like (Z.O.E) pretty much requires stable emulation speeds due to its battle system.