1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Buying a flash cart, does WiFi work?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Dredj, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Dredj

Dredj Member

I'm looking at buying an R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS, as far as I can tell it's drag and drop and doesn't require as much tinkering as Gateway to set up, swapping carts and by the look of it, installing stuff to the console.

Does WiFi also have any problems when using a flash cart? It's something I want to use in games.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no there is no problem with using wifi.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The WIFI is on board the console. Not on the Flash Cart. So no problem there.
    But since you're comparing it with Gateway, you're really talking about 2 different cart meant for different rom.
    The Gateway is for 3DS rom, the one you're intending to buy is for NDS rom.
    Be sure you're aware about what your intention is; to play NDS rom or 3DS rom?

4. Dredj

Dredj Member

I want to play 3DS roms, and I have FW 4.4.

5. Prectorian

Then you now know which to buy. Remember, just because a cart name uses "3DS" on it doesn't then means it can run 3DS rom. Most present carts going by that name simply meant it is compatible to use on 3DS console to play NDS rom.

6. Dredj

Dredj Member

Gateway is more expense then I am willing, what alternatives do you suggest?

7. Prectorian

R4i 3DS Deluxe? In any case 3DS rom player are still new. So naturally it'd be expensive for now until the market is flooded with numerous alternatives.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

there are only two or three carts capable of running 3ds roms, and I think they're all limited to one rom at a time per microsd.

9. Dredj

Dredj Member

As usual, prectorian you are invaluable, cheers for the help. You too, loonylion.

Seems more hassle then it's worth right now so I'm not going to bother, gunna update my firmware and get playing my games!.

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

The mt-card has multiROM support.