1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Burning PSX CDs - Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kartock, Sep 2, 2013.

1. kartock

kartock New Member

Hi all,

I've recently got myself a chipped PSX, and it came with a downloaded/burnt game which works fine. I have tried a couple of times to burn CTR onto disc but it doesn't seem to work properly. It either:

-Gets stuck on the ps logo
    -Goes past the ps logo, starts the game but the sound is all messed up and doesn't load properly (doesn't get to the title screen)
    -1 time (out of about 12 resets), it loaded the game (the sound still messed up), but I could actually complete a full race before it then broke. Next attempt back to ps logo problem.

I have been using imgburn, and used the .cue file. I've tried burning at default speed, 16x and 4x with no luck. I am using Verbatim CD-Rs, 700mb, 52x, 80 min. They are not CD-RW - I know they don't work.

I read somewhere that the Playstations don't like some makes of CD - is this right and do know if Verbatim is in this category? What do you recommend I do?

Many Thanks!

Dave

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

verbatim should work fine, try burning slower than 4x, like 2x.

3. kartock

kartock New Member

Thanks for suggestion - unfortunately still no luck :( same problems as before!

4. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

have you tried other games or used it on a ps emulator?? might be an incomplete file when you downloaded it or might be the cd/dvd writer device.

never had a problem with any brand of cd. mostly a shitty cd writer like in my laptop. had to use my pc's writer to have a successful burn.

worst case scenario there is the the console's lens must be giving up since its already 2013.