1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Burning Dreamcast back-ups?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by andybob3006, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andybob3006

andybob3006 New Member

Hello, not sure if this is the right forum to be on, but hope you could help me out

I've heard a lot about the dreamcast, and not needing to modd chip to play burnt games, is this true? and also iv'e heard bad stories about how it messes up your motor, anyone know about this?

Secondly, does anyone know how i can go about burning a dreamcast game. I have the file which contains a .bin, a .cue and a .nfo file.
    I am on a mac so what program do i use to burn these to a CD, oh and what type of CD do i need

Sorry if this is old news, was wondering if anyone can help me out

cheers

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, they should be able to play copied games freely. You need to use something like imgburn to burn the .cue file (making sure they're all in the same folder) :)

3. trvbhy

trvbhy New Member

To clarify more on Anandjones comment, yes it's true that you don't need any modchips or swap disks to play burned DC games. Every DC game I've ever burned worked beautifully on my DC. I've used backup games on my DC for years and it still works fine so I doubt the disks damage the motor.

You can use DVD Decryptor to burn Dc games onto any CD-R disks. Quick, easy and painless. Select the cue file to burn the image. If there is no cue file, then just select the iso.

If Mac doesn't support dvd decryptor then look into imgburn, nero burning rom or alcohol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.