1. This forum is in read-only mode.

burned out 3 ds

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lemark, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lemark

lemark Member

:( I have written before about burning out my DS 2 of them after down loading new games every one says its the battery well I bought a 3 rd DS and just burned it out the battery was fully charged has anyone else had this happen to them I would really like to know the unit will not turn on and the light only goes on for a very short time when plugging it in. I will not use the R4 again its costing me to much money. Thanks for any answers.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The only card I really heard of problems on was the N5. It had a tendency to draw too much power and blow a fuse in the DS.

3. Ultimatefuffin

Ultimatefuffin Active Member

My R4 works perfectly fine... I haven't herd of anyone elses burning out their ds either. How long did you use it in each ds before they blew?

4. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

There are flash carts which you can buy from some guy who sells stuff from his garage in Hong Kong wich are pre-loaded with like 300 games. I know someone who ruined his DS with one of these.

5. lemark

lemark Member

Hi I burned out 2 ds's and then bought the 3rd one had it for less then a month and burned out the 3rd one .

6. stirgo1212

You should've realized earlier that your flashcart burned out ds's so why buy another one and use the flashcart AGAIN knowing that you've burnt out the motherboard?

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Never knew flash carts could use this much power...

One question, brand new or second hand ds?

I never trust those....especially the one I traded in, the battery was stuffed...part of an experiement...eb games always accept them if it turns on at least.

8. stirgo1212

The flashcarts are not always the problem, it can also be the motherboard or battery which powers over and blows a fuse.

9. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

Some R4 clones can blow the fuses on the DS's motherboard (some even toast the slot 1 connectors), with little money to buy new fuses off ebay and some skill to install them (they have aprox. 1/16 inch) you may have 3 fully functional DS. There are other card clones (even acekard 2/2i) so be careful of what're buying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.