1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Build-A-Lot DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Thalinor, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Thalinor

Thalinor Active Member

Any information on this DS game? Has anyone seen it? The release date was Dec 9th but I can not find one website with a screenshot or review of the game. Gamestop says they have it in stock for $20, so it has been released. Its really strange that not one site would have a review or at least a few screen shots up yet.

I guess the realestate market has gotten so bad that no one wants to even look at a game about building and selling houses!

Would love to get at least a screen shot of the game so I can see what were dealing with here.

2. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Not quite sure what build a Lot is, so I don't know if this screen shot is of the game in question =p

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/01/ss_ds_02.jpg take a look and see if its what you were looking for x.x

3. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

That looks more like SimCity DS. :p

4. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

haha it looks exactly like Sim City!! lol i knew i saw that layout from somewhere ::) lol

5. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Google lies then =(

6. regular_gamer

regular_gamer Active Member

well, The USA version is out on RomU.

Meh, its nothing really special. Just seems like the rest of the Sim City DS games. but that's just my first impression...

7. DragonQuester

i dont think im downloading this one, unless im really bored... Sim City DS can be the exact same, i guess, so im keeping sim city until i want to give this one a try.

8. Thalinor

Thalinor Active Member

I gave it a shot and after 30 minutes was done with it. It's like the creators could not decide if they wanted a building game like Sim-City or a buying/selling game like the old "Drug Wars" text game from back in the early 80's. Instead they made a watered down verison of both and put them together. This concept would have been great if they put more effort into making this game; but alas, they did not.

-The graphics are ok at best.
    -You can only upgrade your houses with the same 3 cookie cutter upgrades, like adding "new paint" to a house you JUST BUILT!
    -Your entire building area is only the size of the ds screen; with all your lots in one spot. No scrolling around a large building area.

-I can go on but its not worth my time. Not worth the buy, download at best and even then it will be deleted quickly.

9. DragonQuester

lol exactly, i dont think i'll be interested in building games for a while.

10. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I played it as well. I though I would like it but, alas, I do not. I've deleted it from my PC and my microSD HC card.

11. DragonQuester

Well reading from all of your comments, i dont even want to download it