1. This forum is in read-only mode.

broken rom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cpljack, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpljack

cpljack Member

driver 1 for psx is broken. i downloaded like 200+ megabytes at 33kb/s which was like well over an hour and it said that it was finished even tho it downloaded less then all of the 377 megabytes. i tryed to play it and it just has a black screen. i spent 377 god **** points on a god **** broken god **** rom god **** it.

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Did you try redownloading it? Or checking if your plugins are configured correctly on your emulator?

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If you try again now you can do it again for free-with 24 hours.
    Post Merge: [time]1257854840[/time]
    And use a download manager like flash get to make sure it doesn't corrupt.

4. cpljack

cpljack Member

i have all the plugins and they work since i tested them on another psx rom and it works gravy. but i think the file is boken or some shit. im trying again ill tell you how it goes in another 2 god **** hours. if anyone wants to try and find out b4 me please download it and test it since i only have 33kb/s MAX

im going to try it again for another 4 hours with flash get.....i hope it fricken works........flashget is going to take about 20mins to download its only going 5kb/s

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Sorry, but you test it and try it. You're the one who wants to play the game, not us. You're going to have to download it regardless if we try it. Also use a download manager, it's much better at keeping the files and stuff intact, it might even boost your speed a bit.,

6. cpljack

cpljack Member

all im saying is if you want to know weather its really broken or not you can download it most likely faster then me(4hrs). al far as i know it is broken.

Update: 3:28am flashget will take 22mins at 4kb/s

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

If it extracted then it is not the rom.

8. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Ok, and you're accusing the rom of being broken? Did you maybe stop to think it's your internet connection that broke? Or maybe your brain?

9. cpljack

cpljack Member

just think for a second about what you just said....let it sink in....you sir are a moron.

10. Fredbox

Teehee, that's just what I was thinking about you. We should be friends!

11. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

LOL,hes got a broken Rom,rubbish download speed................and the teacher confiscated his catapult today

Have a bit of sympathy ;D

12. cpljack

cpljack Member

ok i downloaded flashget 3 times nao and each time it sez the installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. and it has the same problem as the driver1 rom. it said that it was finished b4 it was done(incomplete)

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Fredbox is possibly the only user I seen who doesn't act agressive-this is a first...

DUde-get a download manager and try again until you get it right-otherwise if you wait longer than 24 hours you have just wasted a game!
    Post Merge: [time]1257859600[/time]
    Sorry slow net :(

Ok...where did you get this one-it should show an error in the log if it does this.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

then that is a problem with your internet connection. Have you tried deleting the files and clearing your cache before redownloading? (Some times browsers, especially internet explorer, cache the broken file and just give that file when you try to redownload).

15. Fredbox

Aww thanks. I've noticed you on the technical help forum. You've often beaten me to giving the advice I was just about to give. Although, I must admit that I was being a little sarcastic with my offer of friendship.

Now back on topic, it seems that you're really unlucky with your internet connection. I can only guess you're using wireless and you have a weak signal, or you suffer from the same thing as me; really old BT copper phone lines that are full of interference. Seriously, my connection dies any time anyone uses the phone! A download manager would really help you if you can get it to download in the first place.

16. cpljack

cpljack Member

i gave up. if i can get my points back(nofrickinchance) that would be the bomb but i guess im shit out of luck

17. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

have you pressed F5?

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That just resets the browser...something with his connection and or his browser.

19. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

it's refresh... and you know what they say about a clear mind?

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I suppose your right...if only I had one (on my head) :(

If I had the download power I'd keep trying...oh well I only lost a few to burnout gc....another time I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.