1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bringing food through airport security?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by luvelias, Mar 18, 2010.

1. luvelias

luvelias Well-Known Member

I haven't tried this yet... but I'm very tempted to buy some In n out burgers from cali and bring them with me on my trip to ny to share with friends when I land. With the recent crazy threats I don't know if they'll let you anymore. I know in the past they let you take outside food in but has anyone tried taking a burger through the airport security? I'll be really sad if they made me throw away food ]=

One of my friends recently took back 100 double double cheeseburgers from In n Out to NY but it was in checked luggage.... I want to bring 2 burgers + fries through carry on.

Anyone have any recent experiences?

I know the TSA website says you can bring food in a container...but I want to know if people have successfully done it within the past few months through LAX/any big international airport.

2. sylky0604

sylky0604 Well-Known Member

hmmz I could only bring sealed food and no liquids or euhmz how you call it ... like mayo or ketchup, you know?? But I flew from Europe to the States, maybe it is different... You can always check with the company your flying with

3. luvelias

I'll be flying delta and I know they dont care about bringing food on the plane, its just the actually part of bringing in outside food through the checkpoint I'm worried about. hmm maybe I can ask for no ketchup.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

taking food through security checkpoints is not allowed, they will confiscate it.

5. luvelias

Idk about that I've heard people who bring sandwiches every time they fly. But thats less greasy and smelly and smaller than 2 burgers and fries.

I was hoping http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1667.shtm didn't change. I also heard it depended on luck and if the security felt like being mean or not.

I also found this link-- http://www.maybenow.com/Can-I-carry-an-In-N-Out-bag-of-cooked-hamburger-sandwiches-thru-the-TSA-security-check-point-when-flying-q7756612 lol but there's no date on that.

I'm still looking for any more experiences.

I'm worried about bringing my ds lite screwdrivers on the plane too. They're less than 7 inches like TSA says so they are allowed but I bet I'm still going to get shit for it cause of the threat levels right now. If they toss it I guess I'll have to spend another 2$ and wait antoher 2 weeks.

6. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

You can't take food onto the plane. You might build a bomb out of it.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

put the screwdrivers in hold baggage, that should be OK.

8. luvelias

lol of course.

I'm not checking in my luggage, thats the point lol. I don't have 25$ to spare and 30 mins to wait for my luggage when I land. Gotta go go go when I land. If I was checking in I woulda just put the burgers in the check in lol.

9. vfkiid809

vfkiid809 New Member

U Cant Bring Food Thru The Security Check Up Cause When I Went To DR On December I Had A Bottle Of Water And They Made Me Throw It Out :-(

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I know how you can bring food through security, you eat it, and then later you excrete it/or throw up and eat it again.

11. Buppazugan

Sounds like you've done this before.

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I get hungry.

13. luvelias

Lol awesome.

the reason you couldn't bring water was because it was liquid and over 3oz. btw.

14. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't the burger get nasty when it's all cold?

15. Buppazugan

I'd only do it if i ate a big mac.

16. luvelias

10 hr old in n out is still wonderful.

17. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

It's all a big conspiracy to force you to purchase food and drink from the over priced concessions in the terminal. It's not really about "safety".

18. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

I've brought food past airport security loads 'a times! Oh, and there was this time where I smuggled in a... Nah, I'll save that for the Feds.

In my experience, airport security sucks monkey balls. Just put your food in your backpack or purse or whatever, and you're good to go. Or just get a clear plastic bag, put your food in it, and stuff some panties in there to obscure the sandwich, if you feel like it.

19. luvelias

Sweet! What types of food did you get through?

20. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Fruits, chip bag, Snapple juice, sandwiches, chocolate, cookies...

Of course, maybe it's just airport security doesn't bother checking out little Asian kids.