1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bricked PSP?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by olliebot, Apr 10, 2010.

1. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

So guys, I have a psp 1000 my friend hacked for me. It had a 4gb card, not enough space for me, so I got an 8gb. I copied all the files from the 4gb card to the 8gb, but psp doesn't boot up porperly when I turn it on using the 8gb and can't be turned off, but boots up properly on the 4gb. What did I not do to the 8gb card that I need to to make it run properly.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Format the 8GB card, and put it in the PSP clean (nothing on it). Then see if the PSP still boots up. If it does, use the PSP to format it, then just copy over the games and save files to the proper folders.

I don't know why the PSP would care what is on the card though...

3. olliebot

I haven't done what you suggested yet, but I can boot up from the 4gb and then switch to the 8gb and it works. But the have exactly the same files on them, so what's the difference?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Not sure why (doesn't really make sense to me). But when you do switch out to the 8GB, format it with the PSP. And try again.

5. nickydsi

nickydsi Active Member

have you made the 8gb card in to a magic memory stick?

6. olliebot

No. Haha I was talking to the friend who hacked my psp and he took the memory card and he's doing it.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Prehaps the 8gb is a fake...it could be messing with it.

Also what is the firmware exactly?

Finally...do you have any plugins in the card other than what comes with cfw?