1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bricked Nintendo dsi XL

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Kalpal, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Kalpal

Kalpal New Member

I got this used dsi XL for free and ive been told that it had been running an EZ card for the ds lite, 'an error has occurred' appears whenever i press settings camera ect. is there any fix for this or is it toast?

feedback is very appreciated :) thank you

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Oh, Ez Flash... you are in luck because this moderator has one too.
    Can I know what your system version of your DSi is?

3. DominicSpolec

DominicSpolec Active Member

i think his system version is V1.43, but his EZ flash haven't updated to support it. so just do a update and fix the problem.

4. Jonez001

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17615

Use this but read the "ReadMe.txt" and the thread very careful please.

5. Kalpal

Kalpal New Member

Sorry if this is a silly question, i got a nintendo dsl at my friends house so i'll be trying it out asap. However since the Dsi XL wont even play legit games would it still be able to run the ez card after ive unbricked it?

6. Jonez001

Not even legit games... hrmm, try it. When it doesn't work, the card reader is broken of the DSi itself .

7. Kalpal

Kalpal New Member

so if that doesnt work the only solution would be to switch the card reader and hope that would work?

haven't seen anyone else with this problem either /: the only thing it'll let me do is taking a picture using the L/R button in the main menu otherwise its completely bricked

Edit: it shows the black screen with the 'an error has occured please hold the power button ... ' which is very common /:

Thanks for the quick reply :)

8. Jonez001

You are welcome and the only way of swapping that card reader is sending it to Nintendo.