1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Breath Of Fire IV - PSX

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fengshuininja, May 21, 2010.

1. Fengshuininja

Fengshuininja New Member

Hey guys, I'm having a little problem running Breath of Fire IV on my ePSXe. I'm having framerate issues, it's either choppy and *REAL* slow, or ridiculously fast, making navigation particularly awkward. I've tried adjusting the frame rate in the graphics config, but i can't seem to find the right combination between a decent playable speed and a faster rate for grinding in the forests. ;)

Wondering if any of you guys have got bof4 working properly, and what plug-ins or settings you recommend?

My specs are below in my sig, if you want my current settings, let me know!

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Set the FPS limit to 60fps, tick the 'Use FPS Limit'

Based on your specs, did you play it on a Netbook?

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What emulator are you using? Plugins, configuration, etc.

It works just fine for me on ePSXe 1.7.0 with Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 plugin.

4. Fengshuininja

Fengshuininja New Member

Hmm, for some reason the frame rate has set itself to 200.0. Considering I had BoFIII running perfectly, set to 60fps, that's a little confusing...

Yeah, it's a Netbook. Kinda dorky little number, but it was cheap, and doesn't let me down very often. :)

I'm running ePSXe with P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.17, below is the copy/paste from the config dialogue.

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.17
    Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
    - 640x480 Window mode
    Stretch mode: 0
    Dither mode: 0

Framerate:
    - FPS limit: off
    - Frame skipping: off
    - FPS limit: 60.0

Misc:
    - Scanlines: disabled
    - Game fixes: off [00000000]

I've got Pete's OpenGL driver 2.7, found it in a bundle from another emu site. What settings do you recommend for that one?

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

I recommend the Pete's Opengl2 2.9.
    But well, you can use the default "nice" settings.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I don't recommend using it since his Netbook doesn't have graphic card installed.

Enable the FPS limit.

7. sawworm

sawworm Member

Just use Psxfin emu, it works flawless.

8. Fengshuininja

Fengshuininja New Member

Thanks, guys!

Tweaked it a little, and now I'm running fine 95% of the time. Have also tried killing off a few unnecessary background programs, but keep accidentally disabling the keyboard volume\brightness controls :-\

Psxfin? I have not heard of this?

Also, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm also having controller issues. Anyone know how to enable the analogue sticks on a Play.com JS-909A PS2 - USB Controller converter to work? Have tried the config screen, holding it down and selecting the appropriate axis. It's either not calibrating, or tetchy...