1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Breath of Fire III

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Fennyariel, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

I've just gotten to that part where we have to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You know, the part where we have to train Beyden? Then I read a little further on in the walkithrough I'm using and it says if you get two certain moves from Bunyan (what a horrible name BTW!) if you ask him to apprentice you. Could somebody please tell me if there's a way back?! I'm thinking not.

2. aravan

aravan Well-Known Member

I think you're stuck in the Rhapala region for now. The story will eventually take you back, but not for a few hours.

3. Fennyariel

Oh man! *sighs I guess it would be better to start over then?

4. aravan

aravan Well-Known Member

No, why would you do that? Just continue on. You'll get the chance to apprentice with Bunyan again. It's not too far away. Probably about 4 or 5 dungeons before the story takes you back to that side.

5. Fennyariel

No, I'm not just wanting to get back just so Bunyan can be Ryu's master. I read in a walkthrough that if Ryu learns that really cool combo move it REALLY shortens the time it takes to train Beyden.

6. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

there's a 3rd one?
    -_-
    I only just finished the first one. What console is this one on?

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Entropic,

There are like... six real games.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breath_of_Fire_%28series%29

8. aravan

aravan Well-Known Member

I understand it would make training Beyd easier, but restarting the whole game just seems a little extreme. It's not too tough to train him the old-fashioned way. Get him some good armor and be sure to put some low level people on your team so you aren't one-hitting him. Also, be sure to heal him every round. The whole process should only take about 3-4 nights.

9. Fennyariel

Thanx, but I already did start over. Besides, now that I do have Bunyan as my master I'm not seeing those moves under my abilities yet anyway. Are they something he'll learn as he levels or do I have to go back to Bunyan and say, "Teach me!"?

10. aravan

aravan Well-Known Member

You have to gain a certain amount of levels while apprenticed to him and then go back and talk to him to learn the skills. Here's a list of Bunyan's skills and how many levels you need to gain in order to learn them:

Risky Blow - 2 lvls
    Focus - 5 lvls
    Super Combo - 8 lvls
    Disembowel - 10 lvls

11. Fennyariel

*squeezes the stuffing out of aravan

Finally! Thanx, aravan! ;v)
    Post Merge: [time]1255462397[/time]
    Well go get the game from here, the ePSXe playstation emulator from somewhere else and go have fun! ;v) And just so's you know, there's actually FOUR of these! ;v) The last one's for the PSX and PC! ;v)