1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bought new Nintendo DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by kanwarrulz_123, Aug 16, 2007.

1. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

I recently bought Nintendo Ds lite and now i am looking for a flash cart can anyone tell me whats the average price of a flash cart and remember i need an upgraded and a good one which is reliable and easy to use.....in China it s way cheaper (I CHECKED IT WHEN I WENT ON MY VACATION) but in America its quite expensive compared to Chinas.. but my friends refused me to buy it because they mentioned to me that we can get good ones from America.

2. eden2812

eden2812 Well-Known Member

I'm not from America, but I've seen people talk about buying them off some websites. You might wanna google them up?

3. dice

dice Active Member

yes I haven't known of anyone buying a flash cart directly from a shop (with them mainly being used for illegal reasons ::)) but there are many online stores that sell them. Personally if you want a simple way of playing DS games I'd suggest the R4 slot 1 card.

4. jdle1

jdle1 Member

:) Hi, you can try GamersSection.ca. Or google Supercard to get a list of their retailers. R4 is okay, but if you want GBA compatibilities with your DS, try SuperCard DS-One Version 2. Just go to their website for details.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

R4DS seems to be the best one for NDS rom compatability, however, as the previous poster implies, it lacks support for GBA roms.

6. kanwarrulz_123

::)so U are suggesting me to buy r4ds are sure that is comptiable and equally reliable and does not lacks anything...i have got a couple of online shopping sites with good rates

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

depends what you want it for. If you only want to play NDS games, then yes, get an R4DS. If, on the other hand, you want to play GBA games, then the R4DS is not the best choice

8. kanwarrulz_123

thanks looneylion for your helpYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

9. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I'd go with a M3... http://www.realhotstuff.com

10. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

how do you use r4ds?

11. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Read the guide on the R4 in the tutorial section.

12. HyoImowano

HyoImowano Member

13. Assi9

Assi9 Active Member

I got 2 Dss and went with M3Simply both times. One has 2 Gig sd card, other 1. 1 is good enough but I use one for mp3s also.

14. kanwarrulz_123

i bought r4ds its plays good but not every time though

15. disturbiated

disturbiated Guest

what do you mean? do some games not work on it? i've had mine since june and every game i've ever played on it worked except for some homebrew, and that was because of my computer not being compatible with the tools i needed.

16. DeathAbyss

DeathAbyss Member

theres a whole list in wikipedia that shows which games are playable so far
    if a game doesnt work and theres no apparant reason, then go check if the game is compatible

17. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a flash card with very high compatibility (including download and wifi play) I suggest the CycloDS Evolution. It claims a 100% compatibility and so far I haven't been able to fault it. When new games are released that don't run the Cyclo team generally release an update to the firmware within a day or two. Also, there are no games that need patches or fixes to run on the Evolution (including arm7) and so you can just download the roms from RomUlation and use them as is.

As for price they are a little bit more expensive than an R4 but they make up for it with a nicer looking (and very easily skinned) interface in my opinion.