1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bought an Acekard 2i and so far not impressed. What am I missing?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by DoubleJ210, Mar 19, 2010.

1. DoubleJ210

DoubleJ210 Member

As title said, I got my Acekard 2i in yesterday and updated it and copied all my games from my R4 Gold i to it and I really don't see a difference. All the games that wouldn't run on my R4 (Bookworms, Sonic Classic, Sonic racing to name a few) still wont run on the Acekard, which I have read that the Sega games aren't running on hardly any card. Only thing I can see is that I can put games in folders now and I can scroll through my list fast, but that's about it.

Could someone give me some links of add-ons or mods or something that is worth getting for the Acekard 2i?
    Would someone explain to me what's better about the Acekard 2i over the R4? I don't really regret buying the Acekard since I'm giving my sister the R4 but just curious as to what makes one better than the other besides constant updates.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ummmm....

You're doing something wrong probably.

Because ALL of the games work on my Acekard...

Are you using AKAIO?

3. SuprJoinT

SuprJoinT Member

ALL of the games you listed work on my AK2i with 1.6, must be doing something wrong. My gf was playing sonic racing game last night, and I just tested the other ones, before the 1.6 version came out all of those did NOT work, but now they are ALL fine.

4. Sora1234

Sora1234 Well-Known Member

AKAIO

Nuff said.

5. DoubleJ210

DoubleJ210 Member

Hmm, I'll have to check when I get home but I'm pretty sure I downloaded the AKAIO.

Thank you, that gives me something to check.

Is there any add ons or anything you'd recommend downloading?

6. Sora1234

Sora1234 Well-Known Member

Lets see.

DsWalkie Talkie (Talk To Your Sis)
    Win4Ds (Look at computer screen from Ds)
    Moonshell (Audio/ Video player)

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Some of the games you mentioned are known to be trouble some, like sonic classic edition (it's a dsi hybrid :p ).

Akaio firmware can help with most pf those but not all.

8. DoubleJ210

DoubleJ210 Member

Thanks guys, this helped, all my games are working now :)

9. Timewell

Timewell New Member

I'm about to make the same change, what was wrong? was it not AKAIO you had?

10. DoubleJ210

DoubleJ210 Member

Yeah I just had the wrong thing downloaded. The site has AKAIO aswell as different versions of firmware. The way the site has it listed it looks like one of the firmwares (4.2) was the newest and best thing to have. I also had AKAIO downloaded but installed with the firmware not knowing what it was exactly. Once I deleted the 4.2 everything started working.

Have had the card for a few weeks now and very pleased with it and haven't had a game not work, well worth the change.