1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bought a sega dreamcast

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rell, Jun 25, 2010.

1. rell

rell Well-Known Member

I just bought a sega dreamcast for 5 bucks and yea. Can someone tell me how im supposed to get those free games with it?? Im really only intersted in MvC2 to tell you the truth but yea, it wouldnt hurt to have a a buncha games.
    So yea if you missed it, the question is how do I get the free games for it??

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Download the game (think there are some here at RomU) and burn it with Padus Discjuggler if it plays then good, of not you need to search for Utopia Boot Disc burn it off and load it up and do a swap disc.

It's pretty easy to do once you get a hang of Discjuggler I had a ton with my dreamcast then I traded it all off. MvC2 is awesome!

3. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Awww. come on... I know theres a way to get the free games without going through all of tht trouble... with my old one I used to just burn the games to a disk and pop them in...Also, cant I just burn them with image burner??cause im not a big fan of installing programs I dont intend to use more than once...

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Some of the dreamcast games are bigger than cd size.

And the dreamcast can't read dvd's.

The program suggested allows over burning past the 700mb limit.

Easiest method-get an emulator, and then stuff around with that (I couldn't get mine working though-stupid bio's wasn't working)

5. rell

rell Well-Known Member

I suppose so... I guess I can get that program.But im going to use a romulation members best friend, google, to find more info.

6. MadmanNero

As far as I know Padus Discjuggler is the only program that burns dreamcast games.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes, most dreamcast games are in discjuggler format anyway.

8. rell

rell Well-Known Member

Yea I found all of this out with google.I aslo found that is the system has a "1" at the bottom it doesnt need to be chipped to play burnt games, but it need a mod chip if it has a "2" on the bottom. can any of you guys confirm this for me??

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

all EU models can play burnt games without a chip, so can earlier US models. Later US ones can't.

10. kountryboy

kountryboy Member

11. rell

rell Well-Known Member

I ont exactly want it but you can pm me a link though.Hey, I also heard a while ago that if you play MvC2 that you wont be able to see the icons on the character select screen.

12. MadmanNero

Thats where the "Utopia Boot Disc" comes in, some games self boot others need the "boot disc"

To add to Loony's statement for US models if the manufacturing date is before October 2000 it will play burnt games, any models after said time needed to be modded.