1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Born2killx got into Stuyvesant High School!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Born2killx, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

http://www.stuy.edu/
    http://www.usnews.com/listings/high-schools/new_york/stuyvesant_high_school
    http://insideschools.org/index12.php?fso=958&all=y

And I got accepted into it. ;D The results came in today. To get into Stuyvesant High School, you must take a Specialized High School Admissions Test. I got a score of 613. The lowest acceptance score (cut-off score) last year was 561. My friend told me that he knows someone who knows someone who scored 540 and made it into Stuyvesant this year. So, I'm elated that I got in. I will be able to hone my grammar skills in one of the best schools in the country. ::)

I will be rewarded handsomely in the form of an Asus Eee PC 1000HA. ;D

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Well done you; I also got into an exclusive grammar school at your age (I botched the aptitude test, left after one page with a stress related migraine, but the principal was able to extrapolate what I had done to get my predicted grades). I'd passed the entrance exam already.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Congratulations mate! Good luck there! :) Hopefully there's hot chicks there :)

4. Born2killx

Stuy specializes in math and science, actually.

@Anandjones: No idea. :p

5. Loonylion

grammar schools are just elite high schools (the 'grammar' simply means its entrance by passing an exam)

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Cool! Well that'll give you a good start; think of the good universities you'll get in...
    Looks like you aren't a slacker like I am XD

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Good for you Born2killx :D

Finally, the image of a Grammar Nazi, complete with Hitler Mustache has started to fade from my mind with your accomplishment. And now it's being replaced by an image of a studious guy wearing a lab coat in the future :)

8. Loonylion

who is berating his assistant for misspelling a word in the report :p

9. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

lol grats mate :D

10. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Congratz! Hope you can be successful in this school. Sometimes, good schools just arn't right for people (including me).

11. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Good for you, Born2killx -- next step, Harvard. I'm still shocked at your age. You're in middle school, holy shit.

I'm also jealous of your skill with a Rubik's cube.

12. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

one step further toward word domination ;)

13. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

congratz dude!....woot wooot! your the MAN!!! lol

14. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Hey, congratulations, Born2killx. ;D

15. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I can imagine B2K as one of those guys that... erm... what jobs do ridiculously immaculate grammar get? I can't put him into a stereotype :p

16. microman93

microman93 Active Member

Congrats man. We don't have any schools like that here in Florida so I just applied for the IB program and I got in. I did great freshman year but then we moved (for a week) then moved back but I had already been put into home school. At least I'll be able to graduate early lol. Well anyways congrats man keep up the good work in school.

17. Born2killx

Immaculate grammar is just one of my character traits. My real interests are computers and photography. ;D

And thanks for all your compliments!

18. Void

Void Well-Known Member

REAL MEN DO PINHOLE PHOTOGRAPHY.

19. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

A trait?... Like Obcessive Compulsive Disorder :p
    But yay for computers; make sure your hacker free so all your computer are belong to you

20. Born2killx

Honestly, maybe so. I know I have symptoms of both OCD and Tourette's, but we never bothered to get diagnosed by a doctor.