1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Boffer Fighting (Not LARP)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SeekAndDestroy08, May 20, 2009.

1. SeekAndDestroy08

SeekAndDestroy08 New Member

Have any of you fought in a boffer group before? (Belegarth, Amtgard, Dagorhir?)

If you don't know what I'm talking about, there's a wreckreation nation about Dagorhir. Belegarth is a harder hitting, less roleplaying more sport centered version. Its what I do :). http://www.belegarth.com

~§&d

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

So, how is this not LARP?

I mean... you are dressing up in medieval costumes/armor, using fake medieval weaponry. You are playing the role of a medieval fighter. Seems like Live Action Role Playing to me :)

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

LARP has pretend magic and if your an elf you can turn invisible by standing next to a tree and putting your hands on your head. I had a friend at school who did this sort of thing but he had proper chainmail armour.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

So it's LARP, you just didn't invite any Wizards to your party ;)

5. Viruscrush

Viruscrush Member

Well, I've done boffing minus the medival clothing and giant team games. We did it at a school camp

6. SeekAndDestroy08

SeekAndDestroy08 New Member

For all intensive purposes its not a larp. Minimum garb is allowed (i.e. Sweat Pants and a plain T Shirt). You gain no bonuses to anything, you fight with your fighting skill. There's no levels, no stats, armor adds one extra hit no matter what kind it is (Mail, Leather, Plate, etc..). I guess if you want to get technical it is a LARP but in the way the word is commonly used, its not.

I also enjoy how we're arguing the use of the word, and not building on the topic at all.

~§&d