1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Blue load bar in YSmenu?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TheSwig, May 30, 2011.

1. TheSwig

TheSwig Member

So I am running an R4III upgrade and using YSmenu, It gets most games to work no problem, even ones that are notoriously hard to get running (pokemon black, dark dawn spirit tracks) but a few random games just dont work at all. I have noticed that games that dont run usually do not have a custom icon and only display the YSMenu icon and also the cheat option is not present in the menu. When I try to load these games it doesnt ask to create a SAV file and the loading bar is blue instead of grey and just stops about halfway and it freezes while the little square keeps spinning. Since these roms dont have custom icons does that mean its the file or something wrong with my configuration? Also what exactly does the different color loading bar mean?? Thanks guys I really appreciate the help!

2. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

Those games must be corrupted. Just download them from another website.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

or just redownload them from the same site? its generally during the download that corruption occurs. If they were in a rar or a zip archive and they extracted fine then they are not corrupt.

4. TheSwig

TheSwig Member

Yeah thats what I figured too, Ive tried a few different versions of some games. Cant seem to find working versions of these games:

Cooking Mama series
    Castelvania Order of Ecclesia
    The World Ends with you
    Super Scriblenaughts
    Space Invaders Extreme
    CSI Unsolved
    the new mortal combat

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

try redownloading the games, if you have done that already, try erasing the already existing sav files for those games. also try adding ysmenu again.

6. TheSwig

TheSwig Member

Ive added and readded YSmenu, dont think redownloading will do anything cause I did dl the zips/rars and they extracted the files fine...Those games you linked to me in that other thread, (I spy, wall E, cooking mamas) could you get those actual files to work?

7. iluvfupaburgers

ive tried cooking mama games on my card and work fine. but i dont use ysmenu

8. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Did you use YSMenu v1.17a12 with latest updates?
    Also some games need to be decrypted before being able to be played and els need to be patched.

cus all the games you call have these problems as far as i know so download the patched version of it.

9. TheSwig

TheSwig Member

Hmm so my sisters acekard2i just got here today and I loaded the same exact files onto that card and they worked no problem, must be compatability issues with YSmenu/my $8 R4 card, glad I spent the $23 for hers :)

10. iluvfupaburgers

23?? they ripped you off. that card goes from 13-17 dollars max. but well, you already got it, and yeah, the acekard 2i is a great card. make sure you put akaio 1.8.7 on it instead of the original firmware since akaio is alot better