1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Blue Cheese

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calvin_0, Jan 9, 2008.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

anyone here like them?

i just try my 1st blue cheese yeterday, i cant say i like them...but they taste better then they look (and smell)

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I don't like them. Cheddar is pretty much all the cheese I eat, the stronger the better

3. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Nah! I don't. :(

4. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

on its own no. but it is very nice when cooked with. my favorite cheese is brie

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The only cheese I really like is Feta, then of course the stuff you put on pizzas and the like, but that's hardly cheese. :p

6. Hodge

Hodge Member

I love blue cheese!

The other day my mum made pasta with stilton blue cheese and fresh creme and some fried chicken breasts. Best meal i've ever eaten.

7. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I don't think it's that good, but I might eat it every once in a while. Haven't for two years though.

8. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats every once in awhile. I can't say that i do enjoy blue cheese, but mostly any other cheese I'll eat (besides cottage. That stuffs nasty.)

9. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

wow there is quite alot of people that dont like Blue Cheese

well ya, i cook it with pasta the other day and it taste great (garlic took care of the smell), i guess i'll be use it with pasta from now on....eating it alone is....well i dont like it.

10. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I love feta :) and i think you may be reffering to mozzarella? most mozzarella is horrible, however if you can get the real stull its the best cheese in the world! even better if you can get some of the real mozzarella (made with buffalo milk) cause thats even better.

11. equitypetey

its called buffalo mozzarella ;D

feta is god awful but then again cheese is a personal matter and it depends what you do with it. on there own alot of cheese is horrid but when put with the right ingredients it magicly transforms, i said before brie is my favorite but on its own it can be overpowering but it needs something sweet with it like cranberry sauce goes well with it but the best is caramelized red onion relish it goes with most cheese and its.................................... sorry i'm just drowling here

12. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Cheese is brilliant !! Apart from a few of the moldier moldy cheese's....and curd cheese's...
    Dutch Cheese is great....Edam, Gouda, Leerdammer...
    But the best is still good old cheddar.....red preferably

13. equitypetey

dutch cheese is boring and flavorless you want french or english

14. iamlegend

Take that back......(where are the angry smileys ???)
    Cheese isn't just about flavour....

15. mysticaloctopus

mysticaloctopus Well-Known Member

A ridiculously mature english cheddar is the cheese for me. The kind that appears to have gone off because it's hard and strong and sucks the moisture from your mouth, that's how I like it. Grilled houllumi (Can't spell it, Cypriot cheese) is great as a snack, too.

16. iamlegend

see....people like cheeses for more reasons than just flavour...