1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Blargh, looking for a certain Harvest Moon game...

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Inunah, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Is there a Harvest Moon game that has NOTHING to do with farming and is on a Nintendo system?

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

ROFL!

Are you daft buddy :p

If the games weren't about farming the developers wouldn't give the series the title/name "Harvest Moon" now wouldn't they LOL!

Or would you prefer it they called the series FarmVille instead so they wouldn't mislead you in the future :D

Have you tried Rune Factory though?

3. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I've tried Rune Factory but there's too much farming.

:p I can't play games that involve gardening or farming. Probably why I hate Gardening Mama.

And hey, lots of cool RPGs could be named Harvest Moon. Like a game where a Harvest Moon means the world is gonna end or something.

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

No they wouldn't as Harvest Moon refers to an Autumn Harvest Festival some Asian Countries celebrate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Autumn_Festival

It also refers to the moon during the Autumnal equinox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvest_moon

5. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    fail.

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Definitely unnecessary :p

7. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

sorry, couldn't resist :p

Inunah, the closest thing to what you're looking for would be Rune factory.
    If you didn't enjoy that, try rune factory 2.

8. Jam34556

Jam34556 Member

There were a couple Harvest Moon puzzle games. I never played them but maybe those are what you are looking for? Puzzle de Harvest Moon and Frantic Farming. I have no idea if you actually have to do any actual farming in them or not.

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Knowing Rune Factory being what it is, I won't enjoy it. I can't enjoy any game with farming, even if the farming's optional. But I do like the universe of the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games....

And no, don't suggest that Harvest Moon game where all you do is play minigames. Even my sister thought it was awful, and she LOVES Harvest Moon.

10. Griffandir14

Griffandir14 Well-Known Member

You could try Harvest Moon My Little Shop on Wiiware, you just sell stuff in your shop on that one I think.

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I saw the trailer. It looked god awful... Plus, since I can't hack my wii (My parents would bar me from playing the 360), I can't get the Wiiware for free, meaning I can't get it because we're tight on money right now.

12. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Basically then, there's nothing. Harvest Moon has few spin offs, and even less of those have nothing to do with farming.

They've been about farming since the SNES. :p

13. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Tip: Try something else.

You won't find any Harvest Moon games that doesn't involve farming.