1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Black Sigil

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by zangief, Jun 23, 2009.

1. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or is Black Sigil one of the most overhyped games, so overhyped that most RPG fans waited for this game, and got disappointed when it got delayed, then when it actually came out, it disappoints big-time.

I dunno, I may be missing something, so I'll play some more of this game, but right now, i think Black Sigil tries to go oldschool with its SNES like appeal, and fails miserably.

Thoughts?

2. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

i had never heard about it until like a week before it came out... and yes it sucks

3. zangief

did some researching, and looks like Black Sigil's supposed to be released on the GBA under the name "Project Exile" but when development is over, the GBA's popularity begins to fade. Thus they released it for the DS instead.

I know it's supposed to be a GBA title, but still, it's pretty crappy.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I think its a pretty good game..in terms of storyline...

5. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

It's not too bad of a game. The only catch about the game is it is basically just a SNES game.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Yep,I agree.
    It's good as Chrono Trigger.

7. kyogreblue

kyogreblue Well-Known Member

yes black sigil was made for gamers who played old school games like chrono trigger and tales of phantasia so you couldnt really expect much...only ppl who enjoyed the old school era would totally appreciate this title

8. failtorespond

The SNES had all the best RPG's.

9. getbuck21

getbuck21 Well-Known Member

Exactly and this game is not on the SNES... therefore it sucks

10. failtorespond

Maybe it is not on the SNES, but it is still a good game regaurdless. Especially for those like myself who enjoyed the SNES era of rpg gaming.

It's kind of how some people like Etrian Odyssey and The Black Spire and there is not much to those games other than the nostalgic feel of the old gaming era. It's just an installment of classic gaming for those who enjoy that/this kind of stuff.

Maybe you had the wrong expectations for this.

:)

11. zangief

people keep comparing this to Chrono Trigger. is it because of their skills that affect a certain area or something?

quite frankly, even the original Chrono Trigger for the SNES was way better graphically than this. This looks like something that came out of RPG Maker or something.

12. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

The similarities drawn are thanks to the almost identical sprite style and practically identical combat.

13. zangief

CT's sprites and combat animations look more polished.

BS's look like something that came out of RPG Maker, like i said a while ago.

14. failtorespond

Either way, it's not a game that focuses on graphics. If that's what you want you probably messed up by wasting your time on this one ;D

15. zangief

I'm actually the last guy who will tell you that graphics are the most important aspect of gaming, but with a game like Black Sigil that got so much hype, it's got to have at least above average graphics.

16. failtorespond

I don't know ever since I first seen anything about this game I didn't expect much from the graphics department.

And when I seen the file size, I definately knew what I was getting into./

17. zangief

Well, i kinda have, seeing this title alongside Suikoden Tierkreis, Valkyrie Profile, Knights in the Nightmare, etc as one of the most anticipated RPG titles for the DS this year. Those games are graphical powerhouses (in DS standards of course).

But man i was surprised when i saw BS's filesize. I was like WTF? I'm expecting a 128MB file of pure awesomeness but instead i got a crappy 16MB game, FOR AN RPG! Hell, even the lousy Naruto RPGs have at least 32MB, but for a well-hyped RPG to get 16MB is ridiculous.

18. Reider

Reider Modereider

Its not a bad game IMO. It certainly shows that it was originally for the GBA though. =/

19. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Decent game, even though the size made me laugh, though I should've expected it to be, for a GBA-to-DS game.

The battle system reminds me of Chrono Trigger, except you can move your characters, and the battle menu reminds me of a CT fan sequel (which turned into something else, I forgot) in development.

20. failtorespond

It puts the lotion on it's skin..