1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Black Sigil Blade of the Exiled Rom Freeze?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by blckknight118, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blckknight118

blckknight118 Member

Hi I was playing Black Sigil recently, and I am at the part where Kairu and Aurora go into the Conference Room in the City of Jenufa. Once I step into the room, the game freezes and the music continues on! Anyone have any knowledge of this. I would like to get back to this game as soon as possible. Thanks for any replies. You guy's help will be very much appreciated.

2. Reider

Reider Modereider

What are you playing it on? Flashcart? Emulator?

3. blckknight118

blckknight118 Member

DSEmu Emulator. Also I converted the save file to my R4 and it still froze on the same exact part if that helps at all.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Did you use any cheats at all?

Have you tried it on no$gba 2.6a?

5. blckknight118

blckknight118 Member

Im running it on a MAC so I'm not sure if NO$GBA supports MAC. Also there are not cheats running at all.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You're using DSEmu? o_O And no, no$gba doesn't. Try using DesMume, I believe there was a unofficial build for OSX. Also, if you have an R4, why don't you just play Black Sigil on that?

7. blckknight118

blckknight118 Member

It doesn't work on my R4 even after I converted it....It froze in DSEmu on the MAC. Is there something wrong with the save file? It was originally saved as a DSEmu save file.

8. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

The game froze for me when I was in a cave with Aurora... Damn, and the Quick Save is gone

9. blckknight118

blckknight118 Member

I'm almost positive this is their attempt to fight piracy. Its actually the most efficient so far. Not being able to play a game at all is not as bad as playing it and not being able to continue. :'(

10. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Well, it works on nocash...

11. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

According to Graffiti the random freezing in this game is due to an anti-piracy measure. However it has been reported that a number of people who own the game are reporting freezing issues as well. It is too early to confirm game owners reports but if they are correct then the freezing issue may be due to sloppy programming.

12. DragonQuester

damn that sucks... they should of just done the Square Enix method in DQ5 when you could never get off the ship

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

DQ5 locked you in the story at numerous points. Pretty much any time you had to move on in the story, if you didn't have a piracy fix it would stop some feature from happening which would not allow you to progress.

14. DragonQuester

lol really? I got past a lot of parts in the game, but the only major part i couldnt get through was the ship scene... Now that i remember, it took me a while to get out of the castle with prince henry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.