1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled (In-game Save Failure)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Acewing, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acewing

Acewing Active Member

Im using No$gba 2.6a with the Zoomer (both of which I downloaded from the recommended site)

Every time I try to use the in-game save, it freezes up on me. I have the EX3 and 5 enabled, and it allows me to get through the game, but I can't really save.

I haven't tried the quick save feature yet...but I hope I won't have to rely on it.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Did you use the 2.3.0.2 version of no$zoomer?
    Enabling both EX3 and EX5 will make the game run smoothly.

In-game save failure only happen if you didn't enable both option.

Try to redownload no$gba and no$zoomer.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

And, don't use the quick save feature, as it still unstable... for now.

3. Acewing

Acewing Active Member

Did not work, the game still freezes at a certain part of the game whenever I try to save: after you return from the spirit temple in the beginning and start your new journey to Axumgaurd(sp). Everytime I try to save before I leave the castle it freezes.

4. meganova

Did you download both no$gba and no$zoomer from the above link?

5. Acewing

Acewing Active Member

Yes I did and it continues to be an issue: I will always freeze when I try to save the game AFTER returning from the Spirit Temple.

I was able to solve this dilemma by not saving and going directly to Axumbaurg and save in the dungeon. Apparently the save at the castle after your Spirit Temple journey is bugged, and I had to skip it entirely and go all the way to the first dungeon in the game to be able to properly save.

Also - The monster encounter rate is as bad as SMT D:! and the monsters have high high attack priority over you most of the time.

6. meganova

The encounter rate for this game is very high.

If that's still not working, PM me your save files.

7. Acewing

Acewing Active Member

Well I got it to work, I just had to NOT save after coming back from the Spirit Temple, I just had to immediately go to the next town and enter the next dungeon and use the save point there. Everythings ok now, but this game needs a better map =/....I hope the makers re-release this and clean up some stuff.
    Post Merge: [time]1265800631[/time]

8. meganova

Well, this game has become an issue to some users here a long time ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.