1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Black Screen on Professor Layton and Pandora's Box

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by lulu0987, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lulu0987

lulu0987 Member

I have put Professor Layton on to my R4 card, when I tried to play the game I came to the 'The save data could not be accessed' screen. I replaced the arm7 using DSLazy but now when I try to load the game, it goes straight to a black screen and you can just hear the music in the background.

I've also updated the fireware with the YSMenu but that has not worked.

Can anyone help?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Which arm7 file did you use, from which game?

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

you cant touch somewhere? i think if you touch somewhere, you click on something. (look at some photo's for the menu, if they are somewhere)

4. 00Davo

00Davo Well-Known Member

Did you try running it without YSMenu? I managed to play through the whole game on my R4 (-III) with the standard firmware. Not even any patching.

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The R4-III is entirely different from the original R4, you can't compare them at all. R4-III just stole the name to sell more carts.

6. lulu0987

lulu0987 Member

The arm7 was from the Maxcrass method, I have used it before and at has always worked. I also tried it without the YSMenu.

7. 00Davo

00Davo Well-Known Member

I am aware that the R4-III is not actually an R4 - I had heard somewhere that they were moderately compatible, though.

Back on topic, you're loading the game, with patched arm7, and get a plain black screen? Perhaps try getting the arm7 from a different donor game, just in case.

8. lulu0987

lulu0987 Member

What kind of donor game? I tried putting the arm7 from Professor Layton and the curious village but that didn't work, is that what you mean?

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Any other game that you know works perfectly fine on your flashcart.

10. lulu0987

lulu0987 Member

Thanks, I'll try that now.

11. proflay

proflay Member

I tryed to play it on my ds-x card but there is also just a black screen and no sound. i think the ds is always in stand by mode because the green light blink but nothing hapen. can someone help. does anyone use a ds-x and it works.

12. anandjones

Not a very good flashcart, look into investing for a better one. Blinking happens when you are accessing a wireless function, or a broken fuse/battery.

13. lulu0987

lulu0987 Member

Just put the 1.8 firmware on the card and it works......

Many Thanks

14. julie s

julie s Member

i have the 1.8 firmware but all it does on my screen is says is data not found in brown box ive also tried repatching it with dslasy but still nothin any ideas thanx

15. evenos

evenos New Member

i have the same problem here and i want to ask what is 1.8 firmware? should i google and download it and then?

16. anandjones

1.18? Latest official firmware for the R4. http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/

17. evenos

evenos New Member

I have my ds upgraded using the latest firmware r4 v 1.18 (thx mod!) and then using the same methode like lulu, replace arm7.bin using dslazy (MaxCrassMethod) but my screen keep getting pitch black when i play this game from start. I only hear the BGM but i cant see anything. need help please..

18. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

dont work... have now the same, maybe my sd card's full, because i have the versions nl and U, nl is working, but i dont think you understand whats said in the dutch...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.