1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Black friday!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ir4, Nov 23, 2009.

1. ir4

ir4 Well-Known Member

HOLY $*** black Friday cant wait im getting myself a nice laptop what are you getting. :p :p :p :p :p :p

2. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

Nothing, we don't have it in Germany [​IMG]

3. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

some movies or games........from the internet!! ;)

4. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Black Friday?

It's tuesday here in my timezone =\

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Thus the "can't wait"... Yeah, not a concept here in Denmark either.

6. ir4

ir4 Well-Known Member

oh.......well sucks for you

7. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

If you find a real good deal, then it's worth it.
    Not for me, have to drive across the border in the middle of the night, find parking, wait in line for hours in the freezing cold and wait for stores to open, and when it does open, hope not to get trampled to death. If I was younger and have nothing better to do, I would hit Walmart and Kmart for in store sales.

8. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

eh, I'm broke, just bought a car. @_@ I'd like to get an Xbox 360 or a new digital camera, since the awesome one I paid $250 for got smashed when a friend sat on my bag (for what $#%@ing reason, I don't know) after only owning it two months. -____-;; That's the kind of luck that makes me save my money...

Last time I risked the insane Black Friday mess was for the $80 LoZ Gamecube bundle & a nice 27" TV for $150 (both I still use). I had to look up when that compilation disk came out to see when that was... 2003. Holy jeez. O_O This is after buying a slim PS2 & original Xbox years later, which both died... Go Nintendo. lol

[edit] Forgot to mention, for people not willing to risk life & limb for !!!ZOMG AMAZING SAVINGS!!!, stalk on Amazon.com, as they price match most every Black Friday sale price of retailers - you just have to be quick to beat everyone else.

9. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Well I love black friday! i snagged myself a 52" plasma for 1500 dollars lol and I got a sony vaio laptop for 1000 dollars
    ya I waited all night but it was worth it :D and I dont plan on doing it this year because I'm sooo broke! broken like piggy bank and I plan on skipping Blackfriday this year only because i'm broke and I have no need for a plasma or laptop this year, but I highly recommend people that want to snagg a cheap laptop or plasma to go out with friends and family makes the wait alot better and you can take turns while waiting at best buy

and for pete sake! don't go to wal-mart

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No such thing in Canada.

I'm not crazy enough to drive a couple hours to get a new thing for cheap. I'd rather just get it when I can or when I'm in town.

11. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

BLACK FRIDAYYYYY
    ny favorite day of the YEAR~~!

12. doatch

doatch New Member

I'm getting a PS3 on black friday, there's a bundle that comes with two games and a bluray movie.

13. ir4

ir4 Well-Known Member

do you guys know why its called black friday i will tell you later

14. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

What the hell is Black Friday?

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

day after thanksgiving in america, all the shops have huge sales.

16. sparxxraps

sparxxraps Well-Known Member

Lol i work for walmart ill be there at those sales they gonna have like 30 cops in the store. To stop people from killin each other i would never go to those sales ever aside from havin to work. It is a total nightmare last year 2 guys got in a fist fight over an xbox 360 im tellin ya people are nuts.

17. nectarine

nectarine Active Member

And didn't some Walmart greeter get trampled last year?

18. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

It was coined Black Friday, because it's historically been a huge shopping date (not necessarily always the busiest) & the first day stores turn to being "in the black" - turning a profit. Retailers used to frown on the term, but some have embraced it, or changed it to sound less dismal. I've heard some stores discourage or forbid their employees from referring to it as Black Friday. @_@

19. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Wikipedia disagrees, the term was coined in 1965 to do with traffic and the accounting aspect of it didn't arrive until 1980. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%28shopping%29#Origin_of_the_name_.22Black_Friday.22

20. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I hate black fridays mainly over the crowds and people fighting over stupid shit, and secondly all the good stuff is usually gone withing the first 30mins to and hour when it starts and personally its not worth having to endure all the assholes over it.
    I heard about that plus dozens of other stories that happened and thats just in my area of the states there was an elderly man that got trampled in a local Wal-mart during the sales, but I also heard he supposedly had a heart attack before then and other various things so it was still unclear what truly happened. You will hear all kinds of things that happened to people maybe half of it is actually true most are over exaggerated.

I've also heard monday following "black friday" was being called "blue monday" that deals strictly with internet sales.