1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Bizzare & Obscure Anime thread

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 14, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

This is where Anime with bizzare & obscure stories &/or themes are to be discussed. Anime like Hell Girl & Death Note Fall under this category.

Also Anime with Vague & controversial stories &/or themes should go here like La-in or that Demon hunting Anime whose title I forgot, it was the one where the hero was a Protestant Vampire & his Enemies were Roman Catholic Demons, like come on what a lame & blasphemous story line. Or that Anime "Bible Black"

2. chaoslordsokar

chaoslordsokar Well-Known Member

Hellsing is a good one too ( NOT van helsing ) It's a really creepy anime filled with slaughter.The main dudes name is Alucard ( Dracula spelt backwards ) And he is really a Vampire but he doesnt kill that many humans though (except when they get in his way), but fights against other Vamps and evil monster dudes. What rocked the most is this guys armament, which looks like an old six-shooter pistol but with a long ass barrel, add that to the king of all Vampires and you get blood all over the place. The storyline isnt that grand but you really need to what the killing... damn I need to wipe the blood of my walls.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Another obscure Anime, that has a game is Gun Grave, talk about a Zombie out for revenge. The Japanese do make weird story lines ???

4. monozuki_san

monozuki_san Member

Petshop of Horrors (it just have 4 stories out from manga)
    I dont know the titel but it about a guy who has the ability to see "lines. And this lines can be used to kill someone within it's path (line) and this meet a vampire (pure) and telling him that the disgrace clan of vampires (victim of the pure ) is the one killing people not them.

5. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

D. Grayman then should also be here but the anime's horrible anyway :D
    Berserk anyone?

6. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

that refers to the game( forgot which system it was on) while the series give a good explanation about why he wants revenge.....

Though Afro samurai fits best for your description of gun grave except for the zombie stuff

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Elfen Lied, i though Nyu was a Catgirl >.< those Neko Mimi turn out to be a horn.....

8. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Idem dito here, i really thought the same *(>>__<<)*

9. calvin_0

so I am not the only one who think that XD

10. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

I thought it looked sweet untill they said they were horns ... it kinda blew me off.

11. calvin_0

even its not Neko Mimi, she still look cute.

12. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

I kinda laughed out loud when ehm, the counter of lucy (whats her name, the one who escapes and joins the household, also with the vectors) and she dreams of the money nailing her to a wooden cross for the fact that she burned the money. xD
    (she does look cute hanging there xD)

13. calvin_0

yup, Nana is really cute, she can shoot her arms like those Rocket Punch, too bad she isnt as strong as Lucy....

14. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

still, she's stronger then any (by lack of other words) other human XD

That girl with the dog was being raped by her step dad right?

15. calvin_0

i think so, and her mother doesnt like her.....poor girl....

16. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

Very poor girl, i like to ra...nevermind ::)

17. calvin_0

lol great mind think alike =P

18. kagedarkmode

kagedarkmode Well-Known Member

Ah! that one is "Lunar Legend Tsukihime"! it's really cool! I got hooked after 3 eps...

...anyway, has any one seen "Monster"? It's got a twisted storyline.
    A surgeon saver the life of a kid. After a few years, he finds out the kid grew up to be a serial killer
    and now, he's searching all of Germany (yup, the setting isn't in Japan) to kill the same boy he saved. O_O

19. monozuki_san

monozuki_san Member

That's it. Thanks for providing the title ^^

20. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

Karas, it's a 6 episode movie quality anime. SOOO good. The action is gorgeous, although the story is kinda wacked. But I recommend for those that like katana, monsters, and cool special effects.

Paprika...that movie was just omg wakced

Paranoia agent, this is a really weird anime series...I mean just the opening is weird but it's good. Just when you think you know who the culprit is, you realised not all is what it seems. It's a good psychological thriller.

Le portrait de petit Cossette, this short anime was something strange but I recommend for those that like weird plots.