1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Beyon the Beyond

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fennyariel, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

I just downloaded Beyon the Beyond and guess what? It doesn't run. I tried the .cue file. All I got was a black screen. So I figured try the .ccd file. That was also a no go. Then I tried the .img file. Still nothing. Could somebody please tell me why?

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

the img file or ccd are what your normally meant to start with.

Hrm...how are you intending to run this-burnt as a disc or straight use in emulator?

3. Fennyariel

No, I use ePSXe.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What version of ePSXe are you using? And what graphics plugins are you using?

You should start with ePSXe 1.7.0 and use Pete's OpenGL2 with the default "Nice" settings. Then work from there. If your Video card doesn't support OpenGL, then you can try Pete's D3D, again using the default "Nice" settings and then work from there.

A black screen is common for a graphics plugin issue on the emulator.

5. Fennyariel

Well I figured it was graphic considering the fact that I couldn't see anything! ;v) And I am using Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76 and the latest version of the emulator. That's why I can't figure out why I can't run the game.

*scratches her head

6. TirithRR

Download this plugin pack for ePSXe.
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=600.0

You'll find Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 and Pete's D3D 1.77 plugins in there. They are very nice plugins with lots of options and high compatibility.

7. Fennyariel

Would you believe I've already tried both of those and guess what? They were both a no-go.

8. TirithRR

So fiddle with the configurations a bit. Try some game fixes. Try ePSXe 1.5.2 and 1.6.0 as well

9. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Trial and error, I still have issues off and on, there is really no set universal setting, some will work on most, but then a few will come along to where you have to change it. You can always do like I've been doing, once you get a game working the way you like it create yourself a database for the settings of each game that way if you try something else you can review your settings when you want to return to a game you either haven't finished or want to play again, it's tedious but it works. It would be nice to be able to find settings that work for everyone, but not everyone has the same identical configurations in their computers.

10. Fennyariel

Would you be willing to work with me, Apocalyptica? You can try different stuff too and if you find something that makes Beyond the Beyond run could you post it here please?
    Post Merge: [time]1255999990[/time]
    Well, I just went through every plugin I've got and still nothing. I guess it's just too picky of a game. Thanx anyways.

11. TirithRR

Seems to work just fine with ePSXe 1.5.2 and Pete's OpenGL2 2.9

12. Fennyariel

OMG I just went through my list and would you believe I don't have the ePSXe one?! You would think that would've come with the emulator?! And as far as Pete's Open GL is concerned I've got verstion 2.7 and I really can't see what difference 2/10 would make. I'll go get the other plug in now, thanx! ;v)

13. TirithRR

You remember when I said go to https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=600.0 and download the plugin pack, and try out OpenGL2 2.9 about 7 hours ago ;)

14. Fennyariel

No, I'm old! I've gotten to that CRS time in life! ;v)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.