1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Beware Hermit Crab it stings when it uses it's pincers and it's on watch duty

Discussion in 'Sports' started by mrsmes, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

at my home a friend's hermit crab bit him on his flat hand and we have tried everything to tame that hermit crab but i am sure it's good at heart but deep in there lies a attack hermit crab on duty, what do I do, when i first got mine it was tame as anything what could be wrong here?

2. MessoMesso

MessoMesso Well-Known Member

Maybe yours was old?

I had a science teacher that was obsessed with hermit crabs. Said that they're very social creatures and will become very disturbed (for a hermit crab) if there aren't any others around. Maybe once they're all together and settled down the little guy won't be so irritable anymore? Or maybe that's just him.

3. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

no mine is rather young and they are both in the same aquarium in my room so they never get lonely so mine is more tame than his, is there a possibility that his might be shy? or is there any other reason as to why he may be grabbing on with his pincers and getting tighter the longer he stays on the hand?

4. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

well what ever i did it stopped being soo vicious now, but my other one is crawling out of it's shell is it bathing or changing shells, or dying?

5. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Hermit Crab, huh... That's interesting pet to have... ::)

6. p4tman

p4tman Guest

Cook it!!!!
    You teach his other pets what happens if you double cross him.
    Oh and you get to eat something as well.

7. Straightos

Straightos Active Member

That's evil. And I don't think they will learn with that... they will instead try to attack him more for killing one of the Hermit Crabs.

8. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

hwy is mine crawling out of it's shell and the other one has stopped being attack hermit crab on duty? it doesn't add up.

9. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

it's crawling out of it's shell because it is looking for a new shell. i remember my first hermit crab. it died on the 4th day so i fed him to my turtle

10. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Put it in boiling water. It'll calm it down.

11. Buppazugan

Buppazugan Well-Known Member

SCREW YOU MY HERMIT CRAB JUST DIED!!!!!!!

12. Supie

Supie Well-Known Member

Own six HERMIT CRAB never had this problem with them.

13. mrsmes

mrsmes Guest

great so my hermit crab that was crawling out of it's shell just died, and the other one became less aggressive.