1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best shooting games for the Nintendo DS(Dual Screen)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by th3echelon89, May 8, 2008.

1. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I'm here to share what are the best shooting games for the DS.

First of all I know that all of you know that Metroid Prime Hunters is the best shooting game ever, but there are more that I love.

Metroid Prime Hunters
    - This shooting game is by far the BEST shooting game ever released on the Nintendo DS Hand-Held, It has Wi-Fi capability so you can challenge anonymous people online. Friend Codes so you can add up Foes and Friends so you'll have a wicked time killing and have fun with your friends. This game is super portable.

Brothers in Arms
    - This game is your typical Medal-Of-Honor-type of game, you kill people and that's it. Controls are the same as MPH because of the touchscreen function. This is the kind of game that you would play over and over because every time you beat it, a new difficulty will be unlocked. The first difficulty available is NORMAL after that you go to VETERAN and after that you go to ELITE difficulty. Well that's the catch about the game, I can say that it's similar to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare DS.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare
    - Now this game is not really similar to those console versions, it has no wifi capabilty. But this game is a First Person SHooter (FPS) which makes it easier to point and shoot at enemies. The only thing that I don't like about it, is that enemies always see you, you can't hide from them so being a sniper won't work but other than that, the game is awesome, for me it's quite hard but awesome at the same time, it makes you think of what to do, not like Brothers in Arms where you just point and shoot and you win.

Call Of Duty: World At War
    - Yeah. This game is awesome. They made improvements on this game like the Tank Shooting, Morse Code, and other stuffs. Plus, there is wifi in this game. I tried it and it's not logging. I owned in Wifi but I do not play it right now. I'm playing Revenant Wings. This game is a must especially if you love FPS games like me.

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory\
    - This game, hmm it's graphics are ok but it's quite difficult because sometimes, the vents are hidden in dark places. I haven't finished the game but I think it's quite ok. But I will not recommend it that you have it on your flashcart.

Dementium: The Ward
    - This game is scary to me, I do not like these kinds of games because it scares me. Not that I'm a scaredy cat, but I just don't like creepy enemies. But this game is good. It has good graphics for a DS game. It's more like the scenery of Silent Hill mixed up with the style of Resident Evil. Pretty good actually but not really original. Because there's no storyline, no history and other things. When you start the game, there are little cut-scenes and that's it. You don't even know why the Hospital turned like that. And you're going to ask yourself why why are there monsters. At the end, you're going to make your own theory. It's more scarier if there's a story of Dementium.

Moon
    - Well, I gotta say, when I first played it, I thought I'm playing Metroid Prime Hunters (Only human). This game is kinda good because there are tricky parts. But they just stole the concept away from Prime Hunters. For example, the mini rover. You use it to travel around, kill switches, unlock force fields. In metroid prime hunters, you use Samus to go to little places to. You turn into a ball. It's the exact same thing. But for me, Moon is more creepier than Metroid. Overall, it's a good game although for me it's more like a rip off.

Well that's all, Just post what you have in mind. Thank you.

2. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I agree with that list, but splinter cell was a bit boring...

3. th3echelon89

Yeah, splinter cell IS really boring.

4. ndsroms_uk

ndsroms_uk New Member

i got call of duty world at war is that any good

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I have to say dementium, its more of a survival horror than a shooter but shit it was awesome, took me right back to my silent hill and resi days :p

6. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

CoD4?? Where is CoD4??

BTW BiA and CoD5 are best IMO.

7. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

My favorite on DS is CoD5, but DS isn't that great with FPS' IMO.

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I found metroid prime hunters Kinda rubbish - defeating that same boss over and over is very annoying

Multiplayers great though

9. Barathrum

I usually get attracted to shooting games by the fact they have Wi-Fi and you can compete.

10. exodia910

exodia910 Active Member

I wish they had another Brother In Arms DS or at least gave it wifi capability to play co-op or something.

11. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Please dont say such things as "CoD5" It takes me an hour to figure out what that game is... -_- and i still havent figured out what BiA is. Dementium is the best shooter game, well it's a survival actually but there's guns. Moon, THE WORST SHOOTER I HAVE EVER PLAYED, I mean, The weakest weapon is a Super Assault Rifle?! Those will kill a hundred persons per shot!

12. madshredder

madshredder Member

Where is Moon DS? That is THE BEST SHOOTER GAME EVER for the DS. It looks great and is so dam fun!

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

bia is brothers in arms.

14. th3echelon89

Yeah, but Cod4 is Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare. This is an old list. I might add those things you said. Thank you.

15. icefire34

icefire34 Well-Known Member

doesn't metroid prime hunters have voice chat or something?

16. Barathrum

Well there are only like 5 shooters on DS, two of them being CoD, so aint that hard to figure out.

17. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

Moon is toooooo short, I killed Overlord using a pistol XD

18. harjaz

harjaz Well-Known Member

Moon is nice, but there needs to be a death match option, it's more of an exploration game without it. If core ever comes out it might make the list. Oh yeah, you forgot the golden eye game, not that great but it's okay.

19. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

The ones you listed, and probably CORE which SHOULD be coming out in a few days...