1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best settings for VBA - Pokemon Games - Win 7

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by maxmahito, Nov 16, 2011.

1. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

A few days before, I booted up my old dusty VBA software to play a Pokemon GBA game.This was my first time starting the software in Win 7.The theme goes to basic when I do this.So, I changed the render method to OpenGL/Direct3D/GPI.Now, with this change, I observe that the game;s display has become very rugged.I mean the video output was smooth in XP and rugged in Win 7.
    What I want to know is which settings are best for VBA for pokemon games and which settings would restore my beloved smooth output.
    I request help from anyone who can help me out.Please.

Thank You!

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Go to Options > Video > Render API & make sure you have "Direct 3D 9" & "Filter: Bilinear" checked. Then on the "OpenGL" options make sure that bilinear filter is also checked.

Then go to options > pixel filter > Interframe Blending then either choose "none" or "smart" depending on your preferences. Also within the Pixel Filter section choose which magnification option you'd like & from within that select which filter you'd want, for a "smoother" choice try going for the "2x" option & from its dropdown menu select "Super Eagle" or "Super 2xSAI".

If your copy of VBA doesn't have these options, you probably have the really old version 1.7.2 build or the 1.8 beta 3 build & as such you DEFINITELY must upgrade to VBA-M:

http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-vba-m-svn-956-mfc-info-and-download

3. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was using the VBA 1.7.2.Now upgraded to VBA-M.
    Thanks for the help, Cahos.You made my console emulating in Win 7 "smoother" ;)
    Thanks alot again.