1. This forum is in read-only mode.

best PSX emulator?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gordonbleush, Aug 21, 2008.

1. gordonbleush

gordonbleush Member

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong topic. I looked around and didn't see a topic for general emulation/rom specific discussion, only the support forums which I did not think this was appropriate for.

I personally have decided that for myself, pSX 1.13 is the best Playstation emulator. I've tried ePSXe but after awhile I notice it starts to slow down. I personally have not yet found anything wrong with pSX. I am fairly new to Playstation emulation so this might be some ignorance though. What does everyone think is the best emulator and why? Thanks.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ePSXe has the highest compatibility, thus is generally regarded as the best.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

ePSXe is the best by far, it's just awesome, heaps of configurations and good compatibility with games, now still updated. Then probably pSX, and then maybe Bleem! (official one, which was cancelled)

4. gordonbleush

gordonbleush Member

Cool, thanks guys. I guess I'll give ePSXe another try.

5. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

ePSXe is my favorite as well.

6. shadow780

shadow780 New Member

yup, I would also say epsxe is the best one out there

7. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

EPSXE. No doubt. Although you should download both version 1.6.0 and 1.7.0 , because some games aren't compatible anymore with the latest version *cough*Gundam Battle Assault 2*cough*

8. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Actually I never use 1.6.0 for anything since 1.5.2 covers a lot of RPGs that 1.6.0 doesn't.

9. Dynodevil

Dynodevil Well-Known Member

Agreed on the epsxe 1.5.2 thing, i can only play FFIX using that version as certain cutscenes throw errors at me and battles lag however that version removes all issues for me :)

10. insanecrazy07

ePSXe 1.5.2 is reserved for any game made by Squaresoft.
    Use 1.7.0 for anything else.
    The only thing I don't like in 1.7.0 is all of the damn plugins. That's way too many to choose from and definitely not worth my time going through all of them, especially when I have 1.5.2's settings all good to go.

11. Billy_bones

Billy_bones New Member

Epsxe is my favorite because it works real well and its the only decent one that works on linux

12. insanecrazy07

wtf? I went to this page and for some reason it's asking me to confirm cookies on myspace?

Who linked a myspace picture?

---------------------------------------
    I haven't really used the other emulators besides ePSXe.

I remember trying PSX 1.13 or something like that and it was too basic. It was like playing a DVD with just a play button and a stop button.

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's pSX, it's decent, but not enough configurations to do what you want. Too limited.

14. nuppis

nuppis New Member

yea epsxe is tha shit! ;D