1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best Pokemon for DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by houstontx224, Aug 31, 2010.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

I'm finally thinking of joining the ranks and playing some Pokemon. Why not? I love RPG's ..So which Pokemon game is best? Granted , I know every individual has something different they like about Pokemon. Thanks.

HoustonTX224

2. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Out of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, it's Platinum. With HG/SS it's just personal preference.

3. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

well don't forget the Mystery Dungeon Series of pokemon, granted not alot of people take a liking to it

4. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Anything that doesn't have the name Mystery Dungeon or Pokemon Ranger in it.

5. Jam34556

Jam34556 Member

The most recent are Heartgold/Soulsilver. They have two regions worth of gyms to do in them. It's really all personal preference. HG/SS are remakes of silver/gold. Diamond/Pearl and Platinum were new games, with Platinum being the one I'd choose from that generation. I think there is a new generation already in the works as well, but I have no idea when it comes out.

6. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I LOVED Pokemon Platinum :)

7. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

What? I enjoyed those games. A lot.

8. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

i liked pokemon ranger

9. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Pokemon Black & White

10. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

It's not even out man so you can't say anything about it, you haven't played it.

Pokemon Platinum is my choice.

11. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Dindt say i have. you should realy try not to say things inmidietly.

12. yoshi2889

the question is "Best pokemon for DS", you answer Black & White when you don't even know if they are the best.
    Maybe you might like Platinum better then Black/White.

And you should maybe try to avoid lying.

13. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Leave it to R/B/G/S, enough said.

14. yoshi2889

And the released DS series maybe?

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HG and SS?

15. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for the responses..I've d/l Pokemon Platinum today..I'm ready. Thanks again to you all.

HoustonTX224

16. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i didn't like any of the storylines for the DS pokèmon games. -.-"

i recommend getting an emulator, and playing R/B/Y and G/S/C

lameboy is always good on my DS. ^_^

or, another choice, GBA games, they has a decent storyline i think, but still, older games were FTW!

17. King Cookie

The Pokemon story lines have never been the focus or really mattered compared to actually raising and using the Pokemon themselves.

18. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

true......but even on the newer games, it just doesn't seem to be as fun raising them..like it's more difficult on the older ones, so you have a bit more fun...

19. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

If I were completely nw to Poke'mon at this point in time, I'd probably find the sheer number of them overwhelming; good for you for jumping in houstontx224 :)
    As catz_102 suggested; you could play the older games on an emulator first. Of the recent Poke'mon titles, I'd recomend Soul Silver and Heart Gold; they're the most polished and offer massive amounts of gameplay.

20. King Cookie

I think I've been Pokemon overwhelmed... I've played at least one game from each Generation/remake, and I found HG's main game fun, but I just couldn't find the drive to do anything postgame... Hopefully Black & White will change that a bit.