1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best place to get R4i-SDHC in Canada?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by SupaLawlCat, Oct 17, 2013.

1. SupaLawlCat

SupaLawlCat Member

I want to get an R4i-SDHC. What is the best website to order from that ships to Canada?

I was going to order from a site called "nCardCanada", but the payment options are really weird. It only accepts Visa or using direct Paypal transfer.

Basically, I need a site that:
    - Supports MasterCard or normal Paypal.
    - Preferably free shipping.
    - Ships to Canada.

Thanks.

If there is any other card that supports DSi 1.4.5 for around the same price that would work too.
    Post Merge: [time]1381983414[/time]
    Ughh, now my main issue is finding a place that accepts fricken Mastercard. Every single one I've been to has just been Visa. I don't know anyone with a Visa card. Seems kind of stupid.
    Post Merge: [time]1381985249[/time]
    Ok, I managed to order an R4i Gold RTS from aliexpress.com.

It accepted MasterCard and seems fairly reputable, only problem is that it is going to take 14-60 days to get here. -_-

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

In that case, you got 60 days to start collecting and downloading the NDS rom for your future play using that cart. :p

3. SupaLawlCat

SupaLawlCat Member

Yeah, lol. I don't really want to get them all at once though. I have a tendency to play games more thoroughly if I have no alternatives. If I have like 40 games on the card I worry I won't be able to actually get into any of them.

4. Prectorian

Yeah well, downloading the rom(s) you want to play in the long run doesn't necessary mean it has to be kept all in the SD Micro. You could keep them in your hard drive to prevent having too many from distracting you.

5. SupaLawlCat

SupaLawlCat Member

Yeah, I ended up basically doing that.

I've had my DSi since like 2010 but the only game I've really ever bought is SoulSilver. Others were given to me free or from garage sales really cheap.

Anyway, I mainly wanted the flashcart to get my money's worth out of the DS. I'm interested in Black/White 1/2, Animal Crossing: Wild World, and some RPGs.

Any suggestions?

6. roee

roee Member

I have got an R4i Gold 3DS card and it works flawlessly. If you want extra stuff like being able to play GBA/SNES roms, r4i gold 3ds is the best option for you i think.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

R4i gold 3ds cannot play GBA roms.

8. Jack2013

Jack2013 Member

No best place. All from China.

I think you'd better choose one from shoptemp.net, at least selling the original cards

9. Prectorian

He already ordered one from a site of his choosing far before you posted.

10. SupaLawlCat

SupaLawlCat Member

Haha, yeah. Hopefully it'll arrive soon.

This is the one I got:
    aliexpress.com/snapshot/280714876.html

11. GoCeltices

GoCeltices Member

I knew the aliexpress and I heard this site was not good enough so maybe you can check this website:

12. Prectorian

Make it a habit to read and understand what had been posted, before posting your response.
    And, GoCeltices; please refrain from advertising reseller sites.

13. SupaLawlCat

SupaLawlCat Member

I chose Aliexpress simply because it accepted master card. Anyway, it seems legit. The reviews don't look fake, and I contacted the seller and he said he'd shipped it and gave me a tracking number.

The tracking number worked until now. Now when I use it I just get some "code not found" message. This seems to be an issue with SingaporePost though, not the seller.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the code is likely to stop working once the parcel is in the hands of your local (national) postal service.

15. SupaLawlCat

SupaLawlCat Member

I just tried it again now and the status has changed to "Despatched to overseas (Country Code - CA)" so that's good.

16. GoCeltices

GoCeltices Member

well, okay, my bad, won't do it again.