1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best overall flash cart? AKAIO? Edge? M3i?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by buchichu, Jul 21, 2010.

1. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm asking it again, mostly because opinions seems to change almost weekly. Waaay back it was R4, then there was the R4-they're-all-clones-no-more-firmware-updates backlash. After I got my DSi and had to get a compatible cart is was all "M3 Real is the best, get the M3i!" so I did, and now there's lots of issues with that and my cart is pretty much on its last legs.

So now I need a new one so I ask - what is the best, most consistently compatible, regularly upgraded unit I can buy right now?

Thanks in advance.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

For a DSi, you have one cart that would be considered the best choice:

Supercard DSTwo

The natural AP bypassing makes it so an update is very rarely needed for compatibility updates (only one game so far called for an update, and that was due to the unique save). There is a built in GBA emulator, it has a nice presentation, and works very well.

The only downside is the $35 price tag, but you can get it for that price with free shipping from www.shoptemp.com.

3. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

SuperCard DSTWO, no doubt.

4. buchichu

The pricetag isn't an issue for me, $35 = one DS game where as a flash cart = unlimited games. I just want to know what I'm buying and hilariously, I haven't heard much at all about this Supercard DSTwo which is exactly why I made this thread.

Thanks so much for the advice. :)

5. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

iedge is a grate card :)

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I love my Acekard 2i. It's the best flash cart that I have ever used.

7. LuckyTrouble77

They asked for the best though, and the best is undeniably the Supercard DSTwo. That thing can run freaking everything, and that's all somebody would really want. The GBA emulator, even if in early stages, is also a good thing to have for a DSi owner.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh... >.>

Overall...hmmm...

I would say the Acekard still.
    Sure the DSTwo has a GBA Emulator and extra features, but for just anyone, the AK2i is the simple package that's great. If you want more, then it's the SCDSTwo.

9. LuckyTrouble77

The thing is, the Acekard, like most other carts, needs a fresh update for nearly every game that has AP. For general uses (an example), my R4 does everything I'll ever need. Great compatibility with Wood, 2gb is still very large in terms of DS games, and it can run nearly every homebrew without the need of another homebrew to boot it.

For playing all the latest games as soon the the ROM leaks, SCDS2 is undoubtedly the best.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It does, but I just get the crack. It's not that much of a pain, since I only download maybe 1 game a week if that. :p

But I'd have to agree with you there. The SCDSTwo is better for newer games. AKAIO used to be released almost everyday, but since Rudolph cracked 1.5.1, it has been privately tested by the beta testers and only released periodically by Normatt. Much like the Wood firmware by Yellow Goblin. Which are both very stable and amazing.

11. buchichu

I'm all about convenient and it sounds like there are some great bonuses with the DSTwo (such as the GBA Emulator) so I think I shall order it. I'm hoping my M3i will last the 2 - 5 weeks the shipping takes if I want it free though, lol XD

12. derrickchai39

derrickchai39 Member

Are you ordering it from: http://www.shoptemp.com/ ?
    Does anyone know if it is safe?

13. LuckyTrouble77

www.shoptemp.com is fully trusted.