1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best New Card to buy.?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shaunydub, Mar 5, 2010.

1. shaunydub

shaunydub Member

Okay,
    Been using my R4i for the last year and more games are not working due to the new anti-piracy features and the R4i doesn't seem as supported as other card.
    This was my 1st card and served me well but want to make sure my next card is more supported with more frequent updates and able to play more games without having to patch.

Soo...whats the best card currently on the market?

Cheers

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

In my opinion, I would say that the best flash cart on the market right now would be the AceKard 2i. This cart offers many advantages over the competitors, including a significantly higher compatibility rate for games as well as having a firmware that is actually upgraded on an occasion. You will not be disappointed with the AceKard 2i, trust me.
    miros

3. tiguiti

tiguiti Well-Known Member

acekard 2i is the best flash cards i got

4. shaunydub

shaunydub Member

Nice...
    Does it suffer fakes and copies like other cards?

5. Chris_Highwind

Chris_Highwind Active Member

I would recommend an EZ Flash Vi card. Like the Acekard, it has a firmware that's updated regularly, and it can play some games that other games can't play clean (for example, Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (E) and Sonic Classic Collection) Plus you can make your own skins and download skins for it as well. And it can come with a 3-in-1 pack that will allow you to use Rumble Feature and play GBA ROMs, plus you can use it as an expansion pack for those homebrew/commercial apps that require an expansion pack, such as the DS Browser.

6. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Amen DUDE Amen

Ez Flash users FTW!

7. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

Wait for Supercard DS 2i. It'll have a built in GBA emulator and probably the best support around.

8. nitemarezero147

nitemarezero147 Well-Known Member

Acekard 2i
    or like xakota said: wait for Supercard DS 2
    btw xakota it just Supercard DS 2 not 2i (but it will be compatible with the DSi)

9. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

well if you not worried about the price ak2i 8 gb, ezy flash vi 8 gb or cyclo ds 16gb (try to get the max with cyclo)
    if you are worried about the price a supercard ds or a ak2i maybe a real ttds

10. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

Oh, sorry i just figured since there's "Supercard DS one" and Super card DS "Onei" i though it would be the same.

11. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

When they release a CycloDSi I think that would be the way to go, but that could take a few months.

12. shaunydub

shaunydub Member

How does the new iEdge stack up?
    It sounds pretty good on the websites I have looked at.

13. shaunydub

shaunydub Member

Got an iEdge card for about £20 - plays Sonic Allstars Racing and everything else the R4i couldn't with no worries and I now have DS firmware 1.4 to boot :)

Recommend this card...layout is good, seems to be frequent updates and is skinable and lets me play homebrew and emulators.
    Happy days ;D

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I suggest the Acekard 2i.

Until the Supercard DSTWO comes out, there are few that can beat it.

15. tiguiti

tiguiti Well-Known Member

check the official website if your afraid of fake www.acekard.com