1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best NDS Card? (CycloDS,R4DS,M3)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by ricky92, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ricky92

ricky92 Member

I currently have the R4DS Version 2,as this was my first Slot-1 Card ever i was a little worried with its set-up and layout.I got some help from a friend to help me set it up,and it worked perfectly for me and im sad to see it go.I have had it for over a year now and i am looking to get a newer and more up-to-date Slot-1 Device.

I just wondering if you could give me some detail of other carts similar or better than the R4DS,and if you could link a website where i could purchase it (UK Based Site Please) As i hate getting Imports with the risks of them being fake and the amount of time delivery takes.

If you could help me out i would be very grateful ;D ;D ;D

Thank You!​
    ~Ricky 92~

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

CycloDS.

great compatibility. good support and has everything the R4 has, plus a few extra non-important features.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

CycloDS. Much newer than R4, so it's a lot better. Check out http://www.gbatemp.net/ and then Reviews for detailed reviews on virtually every Slot 1 and Slot 2 Flashcart.

4. ricky92

ricky92 Member

Thanks ;D

Keep Em Coming ;)

5. anandjones

Some people have suggested the newer flashcarts, such as iTouchDS, and EDGE, but Supercard, Acekard, R4, Cyclo are good choices again :)

6. CantCountTo1

CantCountTo1 New Member

Best Nintendo DS - Slot 2 Flash Card

Just wondering in your opinion which one do you think is best Slot 2 Card.

7. anandjones

Re: Best Nintendo DS - Slot 2 Flash Card

EZ-FlashV or Supercard etc. It's the same subject, so I'm just going to merge the two topics together.

8. ricky92

ricky92 Member

Im leaning towards The Cyclo Ds Evolution,which if i do decide to get i will buy from ConsoleUp.

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

People from Demonoid claim M3 is better than all flashcarts on the market... you never need to update it...

But I said Cyclo, because Seph said it is >.>

10. insanecrazy07

I hope its not the same people who keep PMing me on there asking me how to update their M3s then.
    or why their flashcart can't play some games.

11. anandjones

People PM you? Funny guy. M3 is the same as R4, they're both pretty decent. I've heard Acekard 2 and Acekard RPG are good.

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It's kinda off topic but does the M3, CycloDS and other R4 clones actually use cheat.dat's, if they don't I will never change my R4 for one of them :p

13. anandjones

Yes, the R4 and M3 use cheat.dat or usrcheat.dat for storing all the XML files for the Action Replay codes. I assume CycloDS has a similar file.

14. Evil_penguins

Evil_penguins Active Member

I just got my R4Ds in the mail today ^_^

I love it....

Oh Geez do I love it.
    I almost cryed when I set it up and played Megaman on it.

I love my R4 lol

15. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

EDGE, because it's the only card available to me :p . It's quite decent, anyways, and has some good features.

16. walrus

walrus New Member

hi guys!

i just bought DS lite the other day, yep, my very first one. i got tired of PSP already so i now switched to DS.

how i've missed a LOT!

anyway, i'm also using EDGE. i'm not sure about the other flashcarts but it's guite good, i think. but i haven't tried the others so i really can't say if it's the best.

17. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

I'm using the EZFlash V Plus. ;D Wonderful little guy. And though everyone says CycloDS Evolution is the 'best' the EZFlash has run every game I've put on it perfectly. And when you compare the fact you can get an EZFlash V Plus on DealExtreme for $17.50 w/ free shipping compared to the cheapest I've seen $53 w/ free shipping in the states on the Cyclo that is reason enough to pay more attention. But check GBATemp and compare everything they have one there. Just keep in mind the EZFlash is updated from their review and it supports my 8GB MicroSD perfectly. ;)

18. insanecrazy07

yeah the Cyclo uses user.evocheats.
    I just updated mine.

19. stewy_fallingup

stewy_fallingup New Member

I just bought the EDGE card and i have to say it a lot nicer than the R4 i got it at dealextreme for about $24
    here's the site

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10919

20. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Is that including shipping costs?

Btw, how many people buy these cards? And how often do they get a new one?