1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best memory card for the DS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lagerlout666, Nov 17, 2008.

1. lagerlout666

lagerlout666 Member

Hi all.....I hope some1 can help am new to the whole ds thing and i was wondering what was the best memory card to get because there is so many to choose from like the NDSTT, N5, R4, M3DS, Supercard 1, and the Cyclo DS Revolution ??? .....please some1 help. ??? Many Thanks.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

CycloDS Evolution is the best. R4 is now retired and starting to suffer from incompatibilities. N5 is a fake R4 that has a very high chance of permanently damaging your DS.

3. lagerlout666

lagerlout666 Member

Thanks very much Loonylion i definatley know to buy the CycloDS Evolution card. Cheers

4. candyman1124

candyman1124 Member

i like the R4s most of the games r ok, CycloDS Evolution never had 1 so can't comment on them, i use the arm fix for the R4s so most games play

5. vincent_val3ntine

vincent_val3ntine Active Member

I like CycloDs

6. davodeth

davodeth Member

I have a NDSTT, so does my daughter, fiance, and 2 nephews.. haven't been able to find fault with them yet..

7. vincent_val3ntine

vincent_val3ntine Active Member

8. ArmyMedic

ArmyMedic Member

I have supplied lots of different carts to people. My favourite is the Edge DS. However, the TTDS, DS One Supercard & M3 Real are good too. There are also newer R4 versions that are supposed to be good: R4 III and R4 Pro.

As someone said before, avoid the N5. I have one as spare but have not sold it to anyone because of the blown fuse issue. If later OS versions have solved this, will someone report please!

9. oberlisc

oberlisc Member

I've had loads of the DSTT card's go through my hands and i have found issue's with the Kingston 2gb Microsd card that was supplied with one batch, If you didn't use the soft rest to go back to the menu and just turned the DS off the Kingston card would get wiped, but ever since then i have only bought Sandisk 2gb Microsd and never had a single problem.

10. cab9541

cab9541 Well-Known Member

my sandisc has actually had a few problems... wont let me backup my stuff so i can reformat it being the main thing. it always gets caught up transfering whole folders and says there is some sort of error with the rom file. i got my r4 really cheap and the only game i have had compatibility problems with was clone wars which is still a mystery. i think if you load ysmenu on your r4 it eliminates most the compatibility problems. also the usercheatup feature on ysmenu is really nice

11. loopydsfan

loopydsfan Well-Known Member

"i think if you load ysmenu on your r4 it eliminates most the compatibility problems. also the usercheatup feature on ysmenu is really nice" posted by cab9541

Where do i find info for getting this ysmenu please?

12. regular_gamer

regular_gamer Active Member

YSmenu is an alternative FirmWare for the DSTT and R4 (maybe some others).
    You can find out more information on it at the gbatemp.net forum.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78823
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615

You can find Yasu's, the creator of YSmenu, homepage here:
    http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/index_en.html

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's a modified DSTT firmware. UsrcheatUp is a easily obtainable homebrew you know..

14. cactusjack901

cactusjack901 Member

I have yet to find fault with my Acekard 2, although I may pick up a CycloDS as a backup/cart for my eventual DS Lite