1. This forum is in read-only mode.

best/funniest comedy movie?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -a55-, Dec 17, 2008.

1. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

I was just wondering,in your opinion what is the best or funniest comedy movie? I like pineapple express or cheech and chong's up in smoke

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Appreciation of humour varies from person to person, what may be funny for you may not be for another. With that said, most of the comedy films I appreciate are the classics, like Sister Act, Ace Ventura & Naked Gun.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

naked gun, funny as hell, I prefer a lot of stand up comedy, Dylan Moran, Pablo Fransisco, Billy Connelly,ect. Also black books the series is gold. And then theres always Monty Python. Most of Will Farrell 's stuff is pretty funny too. Not a real big fan of most 'comedies' that have come out over the past year or two, most of them are all the same kind of crap with only one or two decent lines that are pretty much spoiled by the movie trailers.

4. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

I like pretty much all comedy movies, Im just looking for movies i can get for my directed studies(study hall) class, the room is equipped with a projector and a smart board which i have permission to use as long as the movies are "appropriate" for school(no swearing,drugs,etc) the problem is all the movies i have are inappropriate, my teacher might have to like the movie too. any idea's?

5. Pickaloo

Pickaloo Member

too many to type up! little nicky has to be up there :)

6. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

Pablo is a legend. I love stand up comedy too. It's the best humour. And I agree that Will Farrell's movies are probably the best. Elf, Old School and Blades of Glory are really great funny movies. These days most comedies concentrate on fart and vulgar sex jokes and that's not funny at all.

7. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Most people hate me mentioning this movie, but Harold and Kumar 2 was really funny for me =p

Just the absolute randomness and extremes crack me up =p

The Jackass movies are some of my favorites as well (avoid 2.5, it was terrible)

8. head635

head635 Well-Known Member

Well I like anything Mel Brooks worked on, specially High Anxiety its my favorite and I like High School High too

9. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

there are lots of films i'd say are the best funny films but if i have to think hard about it there is one film that i almost died from laughter from and the was super bad, the whole film was so funny and i love Mc Lovin

10. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

i love superbad,its just too funny

11. wtfroms

wtfroms Member

Billy Madison, Waterboy, Happy Gilmore, Little Nicky, Tropic Thunder, too many to name.

12. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

I really liked King of Hearts. A French/Italian comedy that takes place during WW2. And it also had a cute actress :)

13. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead remain both my favorite comedies and my favorite movies. Hot Fuzz is especially funny if you've seen a lot of action movies - one of my favorite parts is just watching it and seeing how many cliches it breaks/references.

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Superbad was funny, but not that funny. Although the bit when the fat guy is in the supermarket (with his imaginations) was the funniest.

15. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i think superbad is one of those films that its funny because you can relate to it, if you can't relate to it its not that funny. i only found it laugh out loud funny because i've been a teenager trying to get wasted.

i forgot about hot fuzz and shaun of the dead. i like Simon Pegg's films he is a very good writer

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I found Robin Hood: Men in Tights hilarious, but judging by the IMDB reviews I'm in the minority that did.

17. head635

head635 Well-Known Member

I just watched that "Mel Brooks" movie yesterday ;D

18. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Clerks II. There are a lot more. I'm gonna make a list.

19. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That's one of my favourites. I still remember the bit when Blinkin slashes away at that wood pillar.