1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best Free Virus Remover?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chaunceez, Oct 9, 2010.

1. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

Whats The Best Free Virus Remover?
    I got a TON of virus around 37 i belive and if somebody can show me a good virus remover thats 100% free and notice I wrote down FREE

Chaunceez

2. naved.islam14

naved.islam14 Member

3. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

none that I know of. I illegally torrented mine.

4. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

http://filehippo.com/software/antimalware/antivirus/

choose from those freewares (some aren't)

5. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

choose anything that isn't norton. that one ruined my life

6. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

AVG, Avira or Avast. IMO AVG sucks but alot of other people seem to think it's good. As for the other two, I've never used them before but I've heard they're good choices, Avast has slow scanning though (apparently).

7. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Use Avira Free.

8. Apacar2

Apacar2 Active Member

NOD32 30days trail and like when you remove it and re-start your pc, and install it all over again you will get another 30days trail:p

9. sonic_fan_num_1

sonic_fan_num_1 Well-Known Member

I personally use Avira and it's been great. It's free and works flawlessly. An ad will pop out since it's the free version, but there's ways of removing it.

10. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Try microsoft security essentials

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Anti-virus software like AVG, Avira & NOD32 are only effective at stopping the infection of any virii to your computer. If you installed any of 'em AFTER the onset of virii it often becomes pointless especially if you've got very persistent ones that embed themselves into your system's files & restore points. With this in mind, it is always best to install AVs, anti-malware, anti-spyware & a good firewall app immediately after you install your OS.

If your system is pretty messed up, you should try asking for help for a "major disinfection" from sites like thebleepingcomputer.com or if you have back ups of your stuff before you got infected do a full hard disk reformat & start from scratch.

12. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

Okay Thanks i will try Avira since most of you suggest it

Chaunceez

13. theunderling

Good points Cahos-but AV's are judged on stopping and removing(disinfecting) viruses.Certain types of infections block the installation of malware removal programs.

But christ knows how the OP managed to get all that as she doesnt mention which,if any,AV is on their computer LOL.

14. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

panda cloud free anti virus is good to use with avira,gives you double protection :)

15. billy-bobjr

billy-bobjr Active Member

I use Microsoft Security Essentials. it's free and is updated.

16. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

I use avast! it stops things that Avira didn't. Also; try TrendMicro housecall from the trend micro website to get the virus' that are already there off your pc.

17. theunderling

Is that an online scanner?

Your using the best free AV.I also use MBAM and run Secunia PSI

18. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

One best example of such a treat is the vundo virus, it not only blocks malware removal apps like malwarebytes, but it also disables task manager, your screensaver (it replaces it with a BSoD screensaver) & changes your desktop wallpaper amongst others.

Which is why in such cases a full reformat as in including removing partitions is what you'll have to do, or as I said seek help at PC expert forums.

I forgot to mention a good combo for protection apps:

AVG + Malwarebytes Antimalware + Spybot & D + ZoneAlarm

EDIT: Reaction to loony's post below:

That's pretty messed up.

19. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

panda wasnt very good when I tried it, it randomly deleted system files and left me with an unbootable system.

20. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

pwned. uh I mean, ah what's the english for pwn....