1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best Flashcart?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by hilol4569, Dec 1, 2010.

1. hilol4569

hilol4569 Well-Known Member

For christmas I want a new flashcart because my current one is HORRIBLE (clone).
    Can anyone tell me what's the best flashcart out there? (that runs games like Super sciribblenauts and Golden Sun Dark dawn)
    and can patch easily and usually is one of the first to get the game running.
    Basically what's the best flashcart? Thanks!

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just for NDS, it's Acekard 2i.

For GBA/SNES emulation, NDS, Movies/music, then it's the SuperCard DSTwo. I don't really like it as much as other people, but it's ok. I just watch Rocko's Modern Life on it when I'm on break at work. I use my AK2i for all of my NDS games.

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Acekard 2i. is good such as cyclods and supercards dstwo

but the cheapest is an original r4 (buy it on shoptemp.net for 6$)
    It's one of the best cards in combination with wood r4

4. Fire_Ice

Fire_Ice Guest

Acekard 2i I find that card the best for NDS NDS Lite and DSI

The AKIO Firmwire runs most games and it has an AP bypass.

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

cyclods is one of the best for DS/DS lite.

7. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Loony wins I suppose?

Ez Flash is also a good card but with updates it is slow because the have not so much money anymore! WoodR4 is great!

8. fbsonic

fbsonic Active Member

I vote for R4iDSN, cheap, low power consumption and reliable firmware (supported by YWG team)

http://www.r4idsn.com/

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The AKAIO has more features than WoodR4 offers.

10. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

Acekard 2i Christmas version .
    http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.34419

11. sanderson2

sanderson2 Member

ok i use acekard but im wondering about the new r41 card?

12. Loonylion

forget R4.

13. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

There can only be one card that meets the needs that you have mentioned, and that is the SupercardDSTWO

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it.

The AK 2i is what I'd recommend just for NDS. It plays almost all of the old games and the newer ones too with AP Bypass on.

15. sanderson2

sanderson2 Member

what do you mean dont worry about it?
    im looking for another card for mi nippers dsi xl and got an email from xperitron about the r4i card and 1.4.1 firmware?

16. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

ace you shouldn't be giving out mis-leading information especially to someone who maybe new to flashcarts.

I can name a few games that will not work on the acekard even with AP bypass enabled and yet they work fine on the SupercardDSTWO.

So if you read the TC post again you will see why i recommended the SupercardDSTWO.

17. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Did you read my post? I don't see how it's misleading.

I said that
    I said it can play almost all of the games. I didn't say it plays all of the newer games.
    And no. The SCDSTwo could not play Miniland Mayhem when I first downloaded it. The cart required an update and I still couldn't get it to work and I know it should. Don't know why. But the AKAIO could play it with AP Bypass on and no update.

And my opinion is an opinion. I am not putting anything misleading in it as far as I can tell.

Oh yeah. Here's my opinion in case you didn't read it for some reason...

Please read my posts before saying I was being misleading. I was stating my opinion. You were stating yours and I didn't call you out.

I would just stay away from clone carts. Especially anything that says R4, N5, etc.
    If you want to get it, then go ahead. I'm not going to stop you from buying it.

18. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

Supercard dstwo and acekard 2i. Supercard dstwo is better but more expensive. Acekard 2i isn't as godd by a bit and is cheaper. For the cheapest option get an ORIGINAL r4 with wood r4 as the os.(I don't recommend this way but just incase your on a tight budget)

19. sanderson2

sanderson2 Member

yes i got dr who working on ds lite with r4
    but it wont work on dsi with acekard even using bypass
    so with getting my young one a dsi xl i thought about trying a different card
    money is no issue but if i pay 40 quid for a card that does exactly the same as a 17 quid acekard then obviously id be pissed
    hence me asking in the first place
    thanks for your responses but im still confused as everyone thinks the card they got is the best pmsl

20. Loonylion

R4 cards are a lottery and are therefore best avoided,