1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best Flashcart to Update To?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by SakuraMartinez, Jan 24, 2011.

1. SakuraMartinez

SakuraMartinez Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I am thinking of ditching my EDGE flashcart and finding another flashcart to use for my NDS Lite.
    I'm thinking of buying an Acekard 2(i) one but do you guys think that it would be a good choice for a replacement from EDGE? Would it be able to play the recent game releases and bypass some of the APs?

I'm keeping my options open for other possible Flashcarts that may be better than my current one since the saleslady told me that they would have a new supply of Acekard 2(i) flashcarts next week (so that gives me a week to decide on what to get really).

Hoping for some good advice with this (granted that I am buying original game carts of the games that I have tried and are worth buying but it still pays to have a flashcart).

Thank you,
    SakuraMartinez

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

the two best cards right now are the acekard 2i and the supercard dstwo. supercard dstwo has built in gba emulator and a great anti-antipiracy to play new games but its price ranges from 35-40 dollars. the acekard 2i is a great card for rom playing only. and thanks to akaio, it has Anti-antipiracy aswell to allow playing new games that havent been fixed yet. so far only 2 games have been reported not working even with the AAP feature. and loaders can be updated through the ds directly, so there is no need to plug in the sd to the pc unless a new firmware comes out. the acekard 2i ranges from 15-20 dollars.

3. SakuraMartinez

Thank you for your reply, iluvfupaburgers.

What are those two games?

Also, can both the dstwo and Acekard 2i be recognized by the Wii? I tried exchanging information with my NDS Lite and Wii using EDGE and it doesn't work (which is also another reason why I am searching for a different flashcart).

4. iluvfupaburgers

the 2 games are cabelas dangerous hunts 2011 and monster jam path of destruction. and believe they can sync with wii. im not sure though, i havent tried it

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Active Member

If your still deciding, And your probably pursuade to buy an Acekard 2i, I totally think you should get a SCDS2, its more customizable and plays Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, NES, SNES and NDS all in one. It plays video without any conversion, and ith better quality.

Plus (Like me) you'll probably get an Acekard 2i, and in about 7-8 months you may want a SCDS2.

-Clint Eastwood

6. SakuraMartinez

@Clint: But do the new games work on it?

7. iluvfupaburgers

yes, supercard dstwo is the best card right now, with perfect compatibility. the only downside of the supercard is the price. acekard in the other hand has almost perfect compatibility, and as i have told you, only 2 games have not worked even with the anti antipiracy feature. eventhough akaio already fixed the games. and acekard is alot cheaper than supercard. im guessing that if you have money and care about gba, snes emulation. get the supercard. but if you want a cheap card that is reliable and does well what it was made for, get the acekard 2i

8. SakuraMartinez

Well, it's not the price I am actually worried about but the availability of the flashcarts here.
    So far, I haven't seen any flashcarts being sold her apart from Edge, R4, Acekard and another flashcart G-something (forgot what it was called since the saleslady was talking so fast I couldn't understand half of what she was saying XD).

9. iluvfupaburgers

you can always order the cart online

10. SakuraMartinez

At the moment I can't make online orders (my dad took my credit card away, XD). But do you know a good site?

11. iluvfupaburgers

here are 2 sites you can check both are good:
    http://www.ishopvideogame.com/
    http://www.lightake.com/

12. SakuraMartinez

Thank you. I'm going to check them out.

13. asdfth12

asdfth12 Well-Known Member

http://realhotstuff.com/

Pity that shoptemp stopped selling flashcarts.

14. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Active Member

Yeah, supercard dstwo will emulate DS games rather than just play them using the ds graphics system

15. drag0nbus7er

drag0nbus7er Member

hey i use leetmod.com for all my orders, they are very reasonable with prices and delivery times, I own an acekard2i and i love it, it plays every game i have tried, and i have 200 games that i tested. Its Anti-Anti Piracy feature and frequent updates makes it the best cost efficent card on the market , you can also use it as a pass me card, and use a slot 2 flash card such as ezflash 3in1 to play gba ons it if you decided at a later date you would liek it, and if you get the flash cartridge later on it would equal out to about the same price as the superkard 2. i have had my acekard for about 7 months now and have had no problems at all with it. HOwever Clint is right,I decided to order a supercard dstwo this week, i havent recieved it yet, but since it does pure pdf files, music files, and gba emulation without a slot 2 cartridge it just seemed liek a greta card, also the site i use for roms, gave it a great review and both cards seem to work with all the roms.

16. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

Shoptempt is back!
    i havnt tried ordering a card from there yet as i have a scds2 (it also supports mame original pac man ftw)
    but http://shoptemp.net/ it looks as if they are selling cards again

17. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

What?! No, it's still just playing the DS games, not emulating them. It only emulates other system's games.

No, they just have a lot of useful info about various flashcarts, and they list all the reputable, reliable sites to buy from.

18. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

ok it just looked like they were