1. This forum is in read-only mode.

BEST FLASH CART

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by bruckyj, Dec 8, 2008.

1. bruckyj

bruckyj New Member

Interested in buying a flash cart for my DS. What is the best cart available if you are just going to play ROMS?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

CycloDS Evolution.

3. awfreak

awfreak Active Member

i hear Cyclo (which im thinking about)

but, if ability to play new game roms is most important feature... then what about iTouch ?

they announced a new firmware this week to include RealTime Saves.

and they were able to play Star Wars Clone Wars from the start.

?

4. regular_gamer

regular_gamer Active Member

If you find the Cyclo a bit pricey, you can try the EDGE card, its alot like the cyclo, but quite a bit cheaper.

5. awfreak

awfreak Active Member

yeah i saw that, but worried about future game support -- they still havent fixed Clone Wars in their just released update.

iTouch seems better, Clone Wars worked from the start and is $18.... and their upcoming firmware will have RealTime Save...

so.... wondering about this one.. if the M3 guys will fully get behind it.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

EDGE is basically a Cyclo clone about. Choose Cyclo, Acekard etc. There's a few other topics on this, so have a look around.

7. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

There are alot of threads similar to this. Moderators please Kindly delete this thread. This is redundancy. We have talked about this for a long time now. There are lots of flash carts available for the DS. Try researching about one on your own. Or if not, you can search about that thread here and see for yourself.

8. awfreak

awfreak Active Member

hey, ive been researching for 2 weeks, and things keep changing.

forgive a person for relying on the knowledge base of actual users

"kindly delete".... give me a break.

9. katarokinimoto

katarokinimoto New Member

gee some one's a sore sport, can't you just help the guy, it's not YOUR forum ya know, and reading reviews to find true information about games is like looking for a non liberal report in the newspaper, it almost doesn't exist.

and I recommend the R4DS card, got it two years ago, works then, works now, plays almost anything you would want a DS to play and it's easy as cake to use plus they update the firmware with fixes for newer games etc. Just so you don't think I'm outdated on what carts are out though, I did check the latest one so I could get my brothers each one, all the new stuff is just clones of the originals like R4DS and M3 Real, or the menus looked great, but the firmware was bad and didn't play a lot of new games.

you can check it out yourself, this site has good prices, lets you use paypal, and buyers have the option to post reviews on the items page to let people know how the item is

http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.604

hope that helps, I wish somebody helped me when I was looking for one of these, it's not simple wondering what you should gamble your money on over the internet.

10. iain1970

iain1970 Member

Love replies like this on car forums. However, this is hardly the same as 'what wheels fit my...', the support on flashcarts is everything really and some manufacturers are more pro-active than others.

I own a CycloDS Evolution and have found it and the support to be fantastic. I'm not to fussed about playing the latest games the minute they come out, but I've rarely had a game bomb. I'd recommend you look at the support pages online for the various cards and see what the update history has been like and the frequency that new firmware is released and base your decision on which company is keeping on top of things.

11. esiuol2008

esiuol2008 New Member

I've got the EDGE, much cheaper than cyclos, haven't had any problems with it, and really easy to upload on to.

12. platinum_edge

platinum_edge Member

Remember that the Official flashcart is the EDGE DS, I saw it on Nintendo.com last week and its written on the back of the new flashcart, NINTENDO the new one is the version is the v1.43 (not released yet)

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I don't think so somehow, if it is it will be crippled to prevent it playing commercial games (like the games n music)

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Are you absolutely positive? Because if it was, it wouldn't be able to play commercial. Don't you think about PlayYan.