1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best exorcise

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hanghanghang, Apr 17, 2008.

?

Best exorcise

1. swimming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. running

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. playing basketball

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hanghanghang

hanghanghang Well-Known Member

Right now I am into swimming...but is it as good as running or doing weights? And what does it do to you when you swim? musscel?

2. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Depends on what you want. Swimming doesnt build muscles, it tones it where as weightlifting is more for muscles. And jogging is better at building stamina. Swimming is more of lung capacity. And remember, diet play an important part too.

P.S This should have been post in the outdoor/sports section. Be careful where you post next time.

3. hanghanghang

cool so duz swimming make you thinner though?

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

swimming excercises all parts of the body, but doesn't necessarily make you thinner, because it's too dispersed to see any real results, if you're trying to lose weight, I'd reccomend moving an area with tropical weather :p

I'd also reccomend running, well, I run about 2 km per week, with 5kg weights on....I don't really gain alot from it, due to it being in my daily schedule. running is best for losing weight, because it supports your body, and required excessive movement, but doing a combination of say, Running, and excessive basic excercises(Push-ups, Sit-ups, etc) in a short period of time, it will give you better results, like do ALOT OF WORK in 30 minutes, and stopping for another thirty, it will give you results, since you are tricking the body into losing weight, and giving out energy, remember the human body is built to survive.

I read this on yahoo once :)

5. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

physical activity is 30%
    diet is 70%

in terms of weight loss :p

6. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

If you are interested in working out go to this site
    http://www.iwantasixpackabs.com

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I guess you use that.

8. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Swimming for me

It's a good Cardio-vascular exercise, plus you can do it liesurely yet still have the benefit of a good exercise ;D

9. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Note of advise, always stretch before swimming and if you are new, swim near the edge of the pool in case you get cramps half-way near the deep end

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Umm reading your advice Solus kinda made me grin because it kinda reminds me of the Sims for some reason ;D

11. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

i'd say swimming is the best its gentle exercise that works your whole body and there is more besides swimming that you can do in a pool. i'd never suggest running to anyone it does alot of damage to your body especialy if your not used to it i'd sugest cycling. any exercise that builds mucles is good for loosing weight fat over all as have more mucle mass makes your body burn more caloiries in a day just having them. but don't pay any attention to actuall weight because if your building muscle i general and burning off fat you may stay the same weight or even get heavier i know i did. and when people say diet it does not mean eat less, that is bad for your body. it means eat the correct things

12. hanghanghang

mmm very interesting you guys =] that helped lol ok ill swim eat correctly like fruits and stuff and stay away from SODA =] is SODA really that bad? x]

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

If you drink it a lot yes. Try to keep away from it.

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Alcohol is too, never go swimming while under the influence.

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

lol! Swimming under the influence of Alcohol is illegal ;D

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

who cares that its illegal, it's downright stupid.

17. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Lifting weights will definitely tone your muscles more than swimming would though for losing weight you definitely need some sort of cardio.

18. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Um not really, lifting weights like I said BUILDS muscle. Usually you say weightlifters big and bulky. Thats not tone. Where as martial artists though not exactly big in size are tone, in the sense that you can see very defined shape of their muscles.

19. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

All of you are wrong!!! this is the the best exorcise

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32934.html?type=mov

20. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Eh? The dancing or the using the stylus? It is a DS game right? Thats what I'm guessing.