1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best DS mod?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bomdiggidee, Oct 8, 2009.

1. bomdiggidee

bomdiggidee Member

I'm not tech savvy so I don't know them all but my friend gave me my r4i several months ago and I've been raving about it to some friends and now I want to buy one for my friend's birthday. He's got the original gray DS. I'm told now to get an acekard or what it's called. But I also don't trust a lot of the sites claiming they sell the mods because they seem shady. Can anybody tell me what the best on on the market is and where I can get it?

If there's already a thread on this, I apologize, but I looked through the first couple pages and didn't want to look through all 52 to find this topic.

2. radenez

radenez Active Member

You're in the wrong section for this kind of post but, I bought my R4i from http://www.realhotstuff.com/ , perfectly legit site.

I don't know about the R4i RTS cards that are on that site but, the R4i SDHC card is what I have.

They also have R4 SDHC for DSL and DS.

3. Mikiie

Mikiie Well-Known Member

LOL, A legit site selling something Illegal xD

4. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

flashcarts arent illegal... as long as you use them for homebrew and only backup games you actually own( which no one does) :p

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Flashcarts are illegal.

6. unknownguy-21

unknownguy-21 Member

go to www.dealsextreme.com they sell most flash carts and i got my acekaed from there only $15 there really cheap

7. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

It's actually http://www.dealextreme.com/ but yes they are really cheap, but have really slow shipping.

8. manolisgoku

manolisgoku Well-Known Member

/\
    ||
    That's right

9. bomdiggidee

bomdiggidee Member

Interesting. Sorry for putting this topic up in the wrong place, none of the other categories seemed appropriate but I'm still finding my way around. I went with the acekard2 and just used the first suggested retailer link on their site. Wish I could give him mine and take this one, it looks sweet.

10. I only backup games I actually own. I bought every game I actually wanted but I hate having to mess with a ton of little carts and potentially losing one (Mario Kart DS/Metroid Fusion :( ). It's easier to put in 1 cart, and be able to switch games freely without having to remove that 1 cart. The only down side is I have to start over on most of them.

Oh I got the Acekard 2i, from Gamebygame. 30 Bucks with free shipping and I got my Flash Cart with a 2gb Micro SD, said 5-7 days but I got it in 4.

11. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

Seconding dealextreme.com. I've ordered several flashcards from there, & a few other things, & they've all been legit. They replaced some other things I received that were faulty. Shipping was kinda on the slow side though.

12. ziadbasha

ziadbasha New Member

13. afrokid13

afrokid13 Well-Known Member

Im thirding(?) deal extreme. LOL :p

14. vib

vib New Member

Depends on where you live. In some places it's perfectly fine to own the hardware, it's what you do with it that could be illegal. Note that in some places it's fine to backup games you own, providing that only one of the copies is running at any given time (ie it's truly a backup and never a second copy).

15. ghazghkull

ghazghkull New Member

DS Wiki???

COMPLETE wikipedia on the DS LOL

or how about that RPG some guy made and tried to get published???
    it looks good, but they basically ignored him

16. BioWarfare

BioWarfare Active Member

Asking for legitimacy out of a piracy tool is stupid. If you get a fake R4 it usually doesn't matter. I mean I got an R4 Pro but it turned out it could run Acekard firmware perfectly.