1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Best device for a DS ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Motorhead, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Motorhead

Motorhead Member

Hi all. I currently have a R4DS with 2GB memory for my daughters DS. While it works okay with most games it doesnt seem to play all. Can people here please recommend which device for playing backup roms on the DS is the best ? I'm after the one that has the best compatibility and can handle memory greater than 2GB. My neighbour is going to Hong Kong soon and has offered to bring stuff back for me, so hopefully will be able to get the items cheaper.

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The CycloDS is tried and true, according to most people on RomUlation.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Cyclo or Acekard 2.

4. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Cyclo I keep hearing xD, but my R4 as old and worn as it may be has never ever failed me.

5. [Game|Freak]

[Game|Freak] Well-Known Member

Either grab yourself a CycloDS or an Edge. The Edge which people claim is a copy of the CycloDS works just like one but you can get it for much cheaper and everything works fine and they always update whenever the cart needs a new firmware. It has soft reset and all that including updated cheats and their is also a cheat where you can change the lighting of your DS during gameplay so it's pretty sick and helpful and it's compatible up to a 8gb SDHC memory and maybe even over. So I recommend you get an Edge; Google it and maybe you'll find out about it more.

Google: Edge DS

6. captainbitter

captainbitter Well-Known Member

I gotta reccomend the CycloDS. To make a long story short, it just works. No ARM patching, no fiddling, no nothing. Put the roms on and play. To me, the simplicity was worth the price.

7. diegoo_duudee

diegoo_duudee Member

i keep hearin cyclo but mi r4 never fails

8. Motorhead

Motorhead Member

Okay, thanks guys. I get one of these CycloDS and give it a go. :)

9. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

your firmware probably isn't updated, but there are other games that need to be patched and etc so *shrug* (regarding your r4)